Not so very new member (a bit lazy though :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazimazi

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while now, but never really got to the introduction post, oopsie :)
I come from Slovenia (it's a tiny but pretty coutry in Europe) and I've been making skincare for a couple of years now. I make all sorts of things, from lotions to shampoos, body butters, moisturizers... I finally decided to try to make soap last year, and I can't believe how addictive it is!!!
Below are some of my soaps so far...

So yeah, this is me, have a lovely day!

DSC_4044.jpg

DSC_4903.jpg

DSC_5393.jpg

They really are gorgeous. How did you get the lace pattern on the blue? That is lovely!

Oh, and hi, welcome to the forum!

Thank you!
For the lace - I bought a lace silicone mat on eliexpress, spread a spoonful of soap batter (piping consistenc trace) and scraped off excess batter. I put the mat in my slab mould and poured fresh soap batter over it (did this the next day, but you can do it straight away or much later). Two days later,I removed the soap from the mold, but I left the silicone mat on it and put it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Then the mat was so much easier to remove without becoming a messy failed lace :)
Something similar is written here:
http://auntieclaras.com/2014/09/mexican-lace-and-how-i-made-a-silicone-texture-mat/

Welcome Mazimazi! :wave: Beautiful soap! The blue one is my favorite! That's so creative! Thanks for sharing your method with us! :)

IrishLass :)

They are all so pretty! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Welcome and enjoy! SMF is a fantastic! :)
Pozdrav! (I'm originally from Croatia.) ;)

Latest posts

Back