Not so new, but an intro all the same

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanditasr

Reaction score
I've been posting off and on, but I figured I should still introduce myself!

I'm Nandita from Bangalore, India. I try hard to live as green and chemical-free as possible, which is why I started making soap (and my own deodorant, body lotion and toothpaste). I do all this for a hobby. I am a volunteer working with street dogs (getting them neutered and vaccinated), using the funds I get from friends and neighbours. These soaps make very handy thank-you gifts!

Welcome, Nandita. I've been to Bangalore; it's a beautiful city. And I'm so glad someone is working with the dogs:)

Welcome, Nandita. I've been to Bangalore; it's a beautiful city. And I'm so glad someone is working with the dogs:)
Thanks, graylady. Yes, indeed, the dog problem is really getting out of hand -- a typical "prosperous city" problem!

If you find a good dog soap recipe, I would love to know it, we live in the country and we have several dogs we have rescued. They love to chase the skunks, and play in the pond, so they get pretty stinky. I usually mix dawn dish soap with a very light percentage of EO and then I put some conditioner in it, (they are longish hair dogs). Anyway, I know there are probably a lot better things to use on them but haven't looked into it to much yet.

sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

If you find a good dog soap recipe, I would love to know it,,,
I keep experimenting, but I think neem oil works well, and so does mustard oil. I tried using less coconut oil, but I think it's needed for a dog soap. When we human beings use soap on our skin, we don't mind low lather. But psychologically, it seems hard to gauge the cleansing of hair (esp. hair of dirty dogs!) with a low-lather soap.

Welcome! And thank you for all your work and efforts to help street dogs. There is a street dog rescue organization in northern Illinois (US) I've followed for years, and if/when we decide to adopt a dog it will come from them. In the meantime, I read many of their stories and am always so thankful for people like you in the world who help make their lives better. So again, welcome and thank you!

Welcome! And thank you for all your work and efforts to help street dogs. There is a street dog rescue organization in northern Illinois (US) I've followed for years, and if/when we decide to adopt a dog it will come from them.

Thank you! I too keep telling people to adopt, not shop. I explain to them what happens with the breeder's unsold puppies (at least in India), because it does not make economic sense.

BTW, my dog-related activities and mission got some coverage in the local press last Sunday. I hope a few more will follow suit!
http://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...evolution-superwomen/articleshow/63250369.cms

Latest posts

Back