Not so much recipe as shap of soap. Would this sell?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogueRose

Reaction score
Some soaps I have no intention of selling while others I may. I haven't made any soaps of the moulds that would make this shape (It's 3" PVC pipe with part of side cut off)

partialround.jpg

That is going to be the size of the soap should I use the mould as-is. The reason I am curious is I found about 250 ft (or more) of pipe like this and have been trying to come up with some good uses, and this came to mind.

I have used this with smaller round bars maybe 2.25-2.5 and they did well for bathroom sink soaps as well as shower. The flat edge gives a narrower area for the soap to rest upon and a smaller surface area for the soap "goo" (contact with water) to form.

All in all it did not effect the usability of the soap, just the appearance. What are your opinions for a soap with this shape?

PS the thickness was 1" to 1.25

The shape really depends on the person. I don't care for round soap and neither do any of my testers. I has nothing to do with it staying on the soap dish, its more of a how it feels weird in my hands. I think I would like a flat sided round even less.

I think if you could do a pattern that made it look like this was purposeful, it might work. Thinking layers that run parallel to the horizontal edge. As is, this shape looks like exactly what it is, cut pvc.

Try it! That shape could be your signature "thing". Is it a PVC pipe with one cut side? So you cover the ends and lay it on its side and the flat part is the top of the log mold? If so, you could probably do some really neat swirling, etc.

Back