Not happy with my supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy a cylinder mold from the hardware store. It is a PVC rainwater pipe. They come in LOTS of different diameters. 20mm, 50mm, 65mm, 80mm, 90mm etc. Really cheap. About $5 a metre. You use a can to push them out and you can line them with a silicone mat or freezer paper (if you are in the US).

As Penelope Jane so eloquently put it... a column mold on a budget. Head mount for a base and 3 inch PVC for the body. Line it with freezer paper and pour away. When it's time to cut remove the body from the base and push the soap out. :)

20160413_164755.jpg

I got mine 10 days after ordering. I may have to cut them a little slack since I noticed that each liquid item (FOs, palm oil, almond oil, etc.) actually had a date on them a couple days before I shipped them. So they aren't simply grabbing stuff off a shelf, packing and shipping. They must have stuff in bulk, then repackage it, so that takes time. However, if they are behind and it's going to take them more than a few days to get orders out the door, they should put a notice on their web page. I've seen several other web sites do that. If people had a heads up when ordering, they'd be less upset. But now days, people expect things to ship quickly, so when they don't, we end up with threads like this.

Sellers

I had a good experience with WSP - i ordered a kit from them, and the spray pumps were the wrong size for the bottles. I called, and they shipped me the correct part for free, overnight, because I needed the product for an upcoming craft fair. And I have to give them credit, they do print a lot of negative reviews of their products, as does Brambleberry. I do hate WSPs handling fee, and I don't like a business that charges you 15.00 to get your product shipped in a timely fashion.
What I'm discovering about some of these suppliers, and I'm really unhappy about it, is that apparently some of them refuse to print any negative reviews about their products. I thought I'd found a great fragrance supplier- and so many of their fragrances had great reviews. I wrote a negative review of one of their products because they said it had "slight discoloration" and that it contained no vanillin, even though it had a very strong vanilla smell. Low and behold, it colored my melt and pour a deep chocolate brown. I should have gon with my instincts and used a stabilizer or another fragrance, but I believed what they said.
I gave the product a 3 star review, not even a one star review, and they refused to print it.
It's not about my ego. I don't care if I'm in print or not. I have read a lot of one star reviews on Amazon from Yahoos who can't figure out how to get the box open. And I also understand that there are unethical folks who will write a fake negative review for a rival's product. But if somebody has 20.00 worth of oils ruined because a fragrance accelerates or dis colors, or it doesn't stick it's a disservice to your customers not to let them know. Maybe that fragrance would be great with a stabilizer, or in candles, or melt and pour, or there's a work around for the acceleration.

Last edited:
Back