not bodysafe....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mare61

Reaction score
Hi

I feel really stupid.
I'd ordered an eucalyptus-peppermint scent (called rejuvenate) from a local supplier and only noticed after I soaped it, that it wasn't body safe!!!! Can I still use it for myself since it washes off or should it be rebatched???? Help.... :oops:

Does it list any additional ingredients? I only ask because if eucalyptus and peppermint are the only things in it then it should be skin safe at a dilution....therefore it would be safe in soaps.

Joanne

I have absolutely NO knowledge on this, so don't take my word for it (wait for some competent soaper to answer), but maybe you could use it to wash clothes or something like that....no?

I grew up in Brazil, and many people used (and still use, on occasion) coconut soap to wash clothes and dish. Maybe you can use the soap for those things....

But, as I said, wait for somebody with experience to answer...

What brand is it?

Call them & ask if it is soap safe for rinse off applications.

If it was a craft store, when they say "not body safe" they do not means what we as serious soap/B&B crafters means when we say "not body safe". They *may* be refering to do not apply full trength directly to the skin. Yes, some people try to dab it behind their earlobes full strength.

Tell us the brand & maybe we can help better.

It was a fragrance oil from Canwax in Missiauga/Toronto. Their list of FO's only list it as a Candle Fragrance. I really didn't pay much attention because I used a similar EO blend which is expensive and I tried to save some money. I may have to call them and find out more.

Latest posts

Back