Not a very good day.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got up this morning with all intent to soap all day. I had everything ready and was raring to go... Then I got a txt msg, then a voice mail. Tragic news an unexpected death in the family. For some reason the msg and the phone call didn't come thru my phone last night when they were placed. I had everything ready so I decided to finish making my soap, but nothing is turning out right, and I am just sick to my stomach. I just should have dumped the lye/water mixture down the drain and allowed myself to grieve. My heart just wasn't in it, and my poured soap batter shows it. I figured it would help me keep my mind off things while I was waiting for more news about what happened. But I was wrong. So young, so sad, their life all ahead of them and gone just like that. Lord help me understand.

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:
Sending a big hug from Florida (((squeeze)))

Thank you I am just a bit north of you in Jacksonville. I appreciate the hug. I was talking to my oldest son who is 30 and he said, Mom I haven't been to a funeral since I was 5. He said he didn't know what to do. That made me cry.

So sorry. I pray that you and your family will feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in the darkness. Be blessed.

That is what I don't understand, this kid had everything going for him. He was so bright, so creative, had a college degree, his life seemed to be so good. I feel so awful, I can't even imagine how my sister feels right now, she is just in shock right now, but it hasn't hit home for her yet. He was so spiritual as well. It just doesn't make sense.

Oh my goodness, I can feel your pain here in Nevada, small tears in my eyes for you. My condolences to you and yours, and sending hugs and prayers.

I'm so sorry for your sadness, lilboots. I can understand wanting to soap to keep your mind occupied and forestall the wave of feelings. I might try to do the same thing before I finally sat down and dealt with it all. I hope you get through this okay.

*tackles you with hugs* Im sorry you are having to go through this right now. None of us are ever prepared for something tragic like this. Take the time you need to process what just happened and I wish you all the best throught this rough time. So sad :(

I would like to thank everyone for their prayers, hugs, and very kind words. I am very grateful. You don't even know me, but you feel my pain and you comforted me. I am blessed to have such wonderful online friends. Thank you again.

Latest posts

Back