Not a Perfume by Juliette Has A Gun

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My middle child is in love with this oddly named fragrance & I'm looking for a dupe FO. I've checked Nurture, WSP, Fragrance Buddy, & google. I can locate "body oil" (whatever that means) alleged dupes w/out ingredients listed on unfamiliar sites but no FOs & nothing at all from sites I know. Admittedly, perfume is NOT my thing so that isn't really saying much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is anyone familiar with this fragrance? Know anywhere that might have an FO dupe? I searched the archives but the name "not a perfume" is a bit problematic with search engines. 😂

My middle child is in love with this oddly named fragrance & I'm looking for a dupe FO. I've checked Nurture, WSP, Fragrance Buddy, & google. I can locate "body oil" (whatever that means) alleged dupes w/out ingredients listed on unfamiliar sites but no FOs & nothing at all from sites I know. Admittedly, perfume is NOT my thing so that isn't really saying much. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Is anyone familiar with this fragrance? Know anywhere that might have an FO dupe? I searched the archives but the name "not a perfume" is a bit problematic with search engines. 😂
I have had this recommended to me by a friend that is also has issues with scents but I have not smelled it. I would search by the maker name, but I have not seen any dupes.

I found this while googling. " Cetalox (also loosely known as Ambrox or Ambroxan, though they're all slightly different molecules—yeah, molecules) is a synthetic ambergris scent (sweet, musky, amber), used in many perfumes as well as laundry detergents."
Try a sample size of ambergris FO.

Also out of curiosity, I looked it up. The brand name is Juliette Has a Gun; the brand offers 18 original scents. The scent name in question is Not a Perfume. The scent notes state:

This minimalist, fresh, and clean fragrance is hypoallergenic and ideal for those who don’t normally wear perfume. It is composed of a single note, called cetalox, creating a fragrance that will easily satisfy the most difficult tastes, and particularly those preferring discretion over complexity.
  • Only one note: Cetalox
  • Hypoallergenic fragrance
  • Olfactive Family: Musky
Featuring one singular note of Cetalox, an ingredient used to enhance the notes around it. This enhances her unique scent. It creates a pheromone like effect to be worn alone or layered with other fragrance for maximum impact. What does Cetalox smell like? Cetalox has a kind of Ambergris scent, it's musk, amber, animalic, soft, clean and slightly sweet. But the thing with Not a Perfume is that it wears differently on everyone. You need to spray it on the skin because Not a Perfume is more of an effect than a perfume.

Based on that, I would agree with the previous posts to find a synthetic ambergris FO and see how well that matches.

Last edited:
"Not a Perfume" by Juliette Has A Gun is a unique and minimalist fragrance known for its simplicity. It's created by the niche perfume brand Juliette Has A Gun, which often produces unconventional scents.

The simplicity of "Not a Perfume" appeals to those who appreciate minimalist scents and a clean, skin-like fragrance experience. However, as with any fragrance, individual preferences play a significant role, so it's a good idea to try it on your skin before making a purchase to see how it suits your personal chemistry and style.

I'm quite fond of one of the dupe fragrances I've tried, AR Fragrances (Asorock Fragrances). Despite being a newcomer in the dupe fragrance scene, their scent is remarkably similar to the authentic designer fragrance.

I'm quite fond of one of the dupe fragrances I've tried, AR Fragrances (Asorock Fragrances). Despite being a newcomer in the dupe fragrance scene, their scent is remarkably similar to the authentic designer fragrance.
For those who may be interested, AR FRAGRANCE ships to the USA and prices are $US.

"Not a Perfume" by Juliette Has A Gun is a unique and minimalist fragrance known for its simplicity. It's created by the niche perfume brand Juliette Has A Gun, which often produces unconventional scents.

Paris, France
https://www.adorebeauty.com.au/b/juliette-has-a-gun/not-a-perfume-collection.html

Last edited:
Back