Norway saying hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubble Agent

Reaction score
I'm Signy, from Norway. Loving anything soapy. Looking forward to being here.

Edit: wrote too much, probably too long of a read.

Last edited:
First of all, Welcome!
I'm Signy, from Norway. Loving anything soapy. Looking forward to being here.

Edit: wrote too much, probably too long of a read.
I doubt you wrote too much, we're a pretty inquisitive crowd. For instance, if you feel like sharing, what soap process and ingredients do you use or want to use? How long have you been making soap, or have you started? What are your goals with soap, if you have goals? I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering.

Soap making can require quite a lot of reading, I'm sure we can handle a somewhat lengthy intro. 🙂

Hi there, good people!

First, I just want to say thank you so much for the welcome, last time I was here. I appreciate it!🙋‍♀️

I know I posted once and then pfftt, gone! I can imagine it may have seem like I was one of those mayflies that register one day, say hi the next and then never resurface again...

But in my case it really wasn't on purpose, because I got very sick quite suddenly, and went through some very difficult stuff. I am getting a bit better at time goes by, but is still struggling, so I am put on a regimen of medications that hopefully will help.
I may be on and off as my health keeps fluctuating daily, but I will try and post and help whenever I can!

But today I decided it was time to re-enter the stage, and say hi again at least!:computerbath:

Now, please understand, English is not my mother tongue, so please excuse me when I make mistakes (not if, but when! lol). And sorry for writing this essay, but thought I'd introduce myself properly so you know who you're dealing with.

I'm Norwegian, 50 years young, lover of bad puns (sorry, not sorry) and love everything soap related (if it smells nice, look pretty, and makes bubbles what's not to love? Even ugly soap is great as long as it cleans!)

I started my soap making journey in 2000. Or, actually, I first started with candles, but after doing that for 6 months (as in making candles e.v.e.r.y.d.a.y. for 6 months straight! Can you spell obsessed?) fun as it was, and frustrating also, my interest just suddenly shifted towards the bubbles instead.

I got a small piece of handmade soap someone purchased when they were on holiday in another country, and I fell in love! Although, looking back on it now - the soap was just terrible. Really terrible, and overly cleansing and it may or may not have had dos, it started to smell like old nuts that had been forgotten inside a cabinet somewhere...🤢

But I didn’ t know that such soap was not up to par! Besides, back then, if anything felt drying or smelled funny it was just fixed by slatherings of heavy perfumed lotion (I can`t even...)

Making soap I didn`t know where else to start, I never heard of anyone making soaps in Norway, and not having a computer I got recipes from books from the library. Oh, and that trace thingy? Nope. Never heard of it. Let us instead use the stickblender `til the soap goes into gelphase INSIDE the bowl and use a spoon & knife to glop and PRESS the soap into some sort of mold-like container. Yup. Been there, done that.

And can I tell ya? My soaps, they were ugly beige/brown lumps with air pockets and little to no smell. But I was sooo ecstatic! Cause, you know, I made something! From scratch!

When I see newbies now, posting beautiful soaps with swirls, layers, stamped, cured and oozing of delicious bubbles, I think back and compare, and laugh. Hard. Lol.

But, anyway, 20 years later and I'm still not tired of bubbles!
Either there is something seriously wrong with me, or soap is just my kind of catnip.
(jury is still out... *cough*)

I have shared my soaps with husband of 26 years (he has been my #1 supporter. He has given me honest feedback, and been a guinea pig since the start.)
But also family and friends.

I am going to start selling as soon as I am done with the process. I have already CPSR for a bunch of my soaps (well, 1 recipe and several variations, as it is expensive. ack...) But because of my health I am just going to do it as a small (ok, tiny) business. Many have asked me over and over if they can PLEASE buy from me, so finally I can say, yes, you can. Very soon!)

I am now almost done with my labels, as they also take a lot of time to get right accordingly to the cosmetic regulations of EU. Every allergen, every color for every specific soap must be correct. I thought I`d go crosseyed in the end. I made the labels myself, so it has taken a lot of time, but almost done, w00t! Because I have to have them done before I can register in the portal (they want pictures of the labels too, not just the soaps)

You`ll probably see some soaps here and there (ahem, if I dare post them, you all make such lovely soaps!)

Ok, that`s it for now. Now you know a tiny bit more about me.

Thank you for having me, and see you around the digital soapdish!

:goodbye1:

edit: managed to edit some misspelings, found an edit button!

Last edited:
Velkommen, @Bubble Agent both for 2020 and now 2021! Tusen takk for writing and making me laugh. Yah, we have many Scandihoovians here in Minnesohta, doncha know, yah sure, yah betcha. You should have seen some of my early attempts but it still was thrilling to watch separate ingredients turn into this bubbly soap! Just a word of warning, don't look at @KiwiMoose's meteorotic first year of posts. Just. Don't. Please post photos, we love photos here in the "digital soapdish" (love that phrase!).

@Bubble Agent ❤️ Your choice of username & term digital soapdish. How fun & accurate. Welcome 🥳. Sorry to hear your health took a turn & hope the upward momentum of healing ❤️‍🩹 continues. Good luck in your 🧼 selling adventures!
I myself made another ombré batch (Aug 🧼 challenge) today just for the pure fun of it. Not entering the challenge merely using it as a chance to try out something new. I sure love SMF & sure you will as well. 😊 Take Care!

First of all, Welcome!

I doubt you wrote too much, we're a pretty inquisitive crowd. For instance, if you feel like sharing, what soap process and ingredients do you use or want to use? How long have you been making soap, or have you started? What are your goals with soap, if you have goals? I'm sure I won't be the only one wondering.

Soap making can require quite a lot of reading, I'm sure we can handle a somewhat lengthy intro. 🙂

Thank you, GemstonePony!
Well, lengthy intro - check:p I will update with what ingredients I use, and what I find helps with this and that, etc.

Welcome Signey :).

Thank you, Relle!🤗
Btw, cute bunny picture! Is it yours? I just purchased some bunny molds and made soap with a discoloring fragrance (cherry) It became a very brown soap, suited the mold perfectly, and made such cute bunny soaps! (Bunnys.are.adorable)

Hello and Welcome!

Thank you for the welcome, shunt2011!:D

Hej Signy! Welcome! I'm always excited to see someone from Scandinavia here :)

Thank you! Hopefully I will be a valuable contribution to the group👋

Welcome to the forum.:)

Thank you, Isg!🙋‍♀️

Velkommen, @Bubble Agent both for 2020 and now 2021! Tusen takk for writing and making me laugh. Yah, we have many Scandihoovians here in Minnesohta, doncha know, yah sure, yah betcha. You should have seen some of my early attempts but it still was thrilling to watch separate ingredients turn into this bubbly soap! Just a word of warning, don't look at @KiwiMoose's meteorotic first year of posts. Just. Don't. Please post photos, we love photos here in the "digital soapdish" (love that phrase!).

Tusen takk, Zing! Or as we also say in Norway, when someone returns a thank you for a kind remark; takk i like måte (in the realms of "thank you, likewise")

Lol, Scandihoovians, never heard that expression before! I shall forevermore be known as a Scandihoovian (Although I don`t have hooves, but I do have two left feet. Does that count? heh... :D )

Oh, and do you know what happens when someone tell me I should NOT do something? Eh? Eh?

@Bubble Agent ❤ Your choice of username & term digital soapdish. How fun & accurate. Welcome 🥳. Sorry to hear your health took a turn & hope the upward momentum of healing ❤‍🩹 continues. Good luck in your 🧼 selling adventures!
I myself made another ombré batch (Aug 🧼 challenge) today just for the pure fun of it. Not entering the challenge merely using it as a chance to try out something new. I sure love SMF & sure you will as well. 😊 Take Care!

Thank you for your warm welcome, Lynette, and the good wishes!🤗

I am planning on making a batch of gentlemans soap one of these days, it has been 6 weeks since last time, but I have had the soapmaking itch for over a week, just had limited energy and had to prioritize other things first. I`ll post pictures as soon as I have something to show!

I will go and check out the challenge thread, I have been out of the loop for so long, I`ll have a lot of reading to do!

Take care👋

Edited: I apologize, I thought I`d managed to quote everyone in one go, but must have slipped up!

Last edited:
Just chiming in to say that your introduction was so funny and charming! And your English is amazing!!!

Thank you, @SoapSisters, very kind of you to say so! I try. I have a friend in America, and we have emailed a huge deal over the past 10 years, which have really helped me practising the written language in English!:videovisit:
How I sound in real life - well, that is a whole other story... *cough*.

Welcome Bubble!

Thank you @Cat&Oak!

Latest posts

Back