Noni Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think is a Wash off product that all that "cure" mumbo it claims is hog wash.

I would think that if it was a holy grail of something that we all would know what it was by now... since the link you posted if from 2011

You can buy the juice at the Vitamin Shoppe, if you have one near you. WalMart also carries it (link) and maybe you can get it delivered if you can't find it on the shelf at your local WalMart. Availability of the fresh fruit itself is another story, but I see that you can buy it powdered at GNC (link).

The juice can be used as water replacement. The fruit can be puréed and added to the soap, making sure to deduct water to compensate for the liquid that is in the fruit. Soap cool if you can and watch out for sugar content and how it reacts with the rest of your soap recipe.

I personally have not used noni fruit or noni juice in soap, but there is no reason not to give it a try if your daughter would like it. If it were me, I'd probably ask her to buy the juice or the powder and give you enough to make it in soap. It doesn't look inexpensive.

I hadn't thought about it since it was all the rage for the health freaks (no offense intended to health freaks everywhere!).
My neighbor has a few bushes of it, though they don't seem ripe yet. I'll ask for one and report back when I've made some.

I’ve been meaning to use the powder, but haven’t had a chance yet

Attachments

• B0E6CB6B-D46D-466D-8708-3F45AA3AA1CD.jpeg
    B0E6CB6B-D46D-466D-8708-3F45AA3AA1CD.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 21
I don't think I'm going to live this one down. :confused:

I'm glad others are chiming in with useful suggestions for Daryl.
It was funny. Isn’t it also the Italian word for “Grandma?” If so, that either makes it funnier or more gross....maybe both. I’m sorry to not be more up on slang for...well...you know. As for the noni juice/fruit/powder, what baby girl wants, baby girl gets.

Today...home from working vacation. Church this morning. Afterward, I smoked a chuck roast, a pork loin and chicken thighs for me and the Mrs. to eat this week back on keto. While that was going on, I made a dozen Tonga-vetiver HP shave soaps and 16 hemp shampoo bars.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t it also the Italian word for “Grandma?”

Actually grandma is nonna and grandpa nonno, together they are nonni. In italian the double consonant is longer so the sound is quite different... Though in English we can't really do these silly double consonants, so it would pretty much the same! :)

The Noni Tree is a Hawaiian tree, with round fruits the size of big oranges. It is edible, but I have heard not very good tasting, but it is made into soap indeed. You can find it on Amazon.

Interesting. The Noni fruit looks a lot like the Soursop, one of which I have right here on our counter. As it happens I took a photo of one today about the size of my granddaughter's head, maybe larger in fact. It was in a tree at the Coffee Historical Farm (or some such name) here on the Big Island. Then not long ago, my granddaughter brought one to the unit when she came back from the pool because it was on the 'floor' (the ground) and it looked like the fruit I had shown her.

So we looked it up. They are similar fruits, but not exactly the same. I might post a picture of the Soursop later, but have to upload the photos first. It's a pretty interesting looking fruit.

Edit: Here is the Soursop fruit growing on the tree at Kona Coffee Living History Farm:

Soursop fruit 2019July25_115609.jpg

Last edited:
Love soursop! Best when very ripe. Picking out the seeds is a nuisance but I just have to eat the pulp before it ever makes a smoothie!!

Latest posts

Back