Non warping plastic cups

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know using plastic 1-ounce cups or FO is problematic but I have the worst luck with dropping the glass ones.

I finally found a set that passed the 3 hour FO test for both the beakers and the smaller cups. No warping, no stickiness and when washed, almost all of the smell was gone. I will probably use the thin set of cups for mixing mica.

The set has pipettes, a small supply of gloves, 3 different kind of cups, stir sticks (thank god) and finger cots which im not sure what I will use for but ill think of something. I thought the price was fair too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GD92529/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I still use glass . Actually I use the the glass yogurt ones. Holds 5 oz FO. I think it is Oui yogurt?

Everything I use for plastic doesn't last and I don't want to throw out more then I already do.
But those are cute cups.
I do use Pipettes sometimes when I am mixing and FO blend.

I use some old glass custard cups that I had around the house. They are just the right size for weighing essential and fragrance oils and for mixing colorants.

Someone recommended stainless steel cups to me for mixing colors. Would those work for FO's too? I usually don't premeasure my FO's. Usually I'm using all that's in the bottle or if I have to measure off some, I'm below the max usage rate so a slight over measure really doesn't matter.

Someone recommended stainless steel cups to me for mixing colors. Would those work for FO's too? I usually don't premeasure my FO's. Usually I'm using all that's in the bottle or if I have to measure off some, I'm below the max usage rate so a slight over measure really doesn't matter.

I have some smallish stainless steel cups/bowls that I measure FO into. Works great. I also have 4 oz glass measuring cup that looks like a bigger shot glass and has a pouring lip on it.

Latest posts

Back