Non geometric shapes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
Other than water, what liquid would come close to melted MP soap? Right now I just melt some soap, pour it in and wait for it to harden, and then I weigh it. I would like find a liquid with the same density and mass, so I can use it, instead of the previous step that I am doing now.

How much does one fluid oz of your soap weigh?
A fluid ounce of soap would be the same weight either way. Water is much different in weight for the same volume of soap, so that is why I am looking for a close substitute. My problem is that these non geometric shapes that I am going to make are in many shapes trucks, cars, names for people who want to use the M&P soap for advertising, about 15 different shapes in all. I don't want to have to melt soap for each mold and work backwards.

I was thinking we could do a little math so you could measure with water :)

So 1 fl oz water weighs 1 oz
If 1 fl oz soap weighed 2 oz, then you could fill up your molds with water and multiply that weight by 2. And that is how much soap you would weigh out to fill the same volume. For example.

Latest posts

Back