Quantcast

Non bleeding colorants

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

fountains324

Reaction score
I am looking for non bleeding colorants for goat’s milk base. Does anyone have ideas?
Also looking for dark colors that retain their darkness in my opaque base.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anstarx

Reaction score
If your base is opaque I'd use mica. They don't have the shimmer in opaque soaps and usually don't bleed (still need testing tho).
However, if you want a super dark soap (like a true black or super dark brown), either use a ton of colorant or go for a translucent basae.

fountains324

Reaction score
If your base is opaque I'd use mica. They don't have the shimmer in opaque soaps and usually don't bleed (still need testing tho).
However, if you want a super dark soap (like a true black or super dark brown), either use a ton of colorant or go for a translucent basae.
Thank you

Jinxer

Reaction score
I's not easy getting a truly dark color in TD white opaque soap without it bleeding. Try this: Color transparent base to your dark color. Add white soap til you get the opacity you want. Try a sample. It's the only way you'll know for sure. Good Luck.

fountains324

Reaction score
I's not easy getting a truly dark color in TD white opaque soap without it bleeding. Try this: Color transparent base to your dark color. Add white soap til you get the opacity you want. Try a sample. It's the only way you'll know for sure. Good Luck.
Thank you
Oxides can bleed. It really depends on how much you add to the soap.
What would you recommend? I'm totally stumped and really need to figure this out quickly. Any help is appreciated.

fountains324

Reaction score
Thank you for the tips. I’m making this week so perhaps I will try it.

Latest posts