No rinse soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, sorry feel like I'm bombarding your thread but it needs to be a separate post.
10-18-12.16.37.jpg

I've quickly had a play.
I've got this spray ...
It's really light... Pentylene Glycol would like be used at it's maximum for preservatiive efficacy (5%). It provides an awesome overall pleasant, non-tacky and non-oily skin feel. It works as a solubliser and emollient. And I think it would be a good ingredient in a no rinse..

Anyway....
I've just done this:.
Cocomidopropyl Betaine3
Sodium PCA2
Rose Hydrosol80
Pentylene Glycol5
Water Soluble Shea9
Dimethicone Copolyol (water soluble)0.95
Citric0.05

I literally just chucked all ingredients in a bottle and gave it a shake.
Crap photos it's after midnight. And I've literally just done this on the fly.
10-18-12.39.02.jpg

It's a bit milky. I maybe should have use more solubliser (will find out when those bubbles settle) - doesn't need to be rinsed. I just rubbed it straight in. It does need a foamer bottle - I didn't have one.
10-18-12.12.56.jpg

You can see why, it's quite liquidy. pH is 6.3

It seems quite good - I'd wash my make up with it - if I wore makeup.
Will keep you posted.

Oh I thought I'd share photos of my sanitiser since it was in the bathroom.
_10-18-12.11.34.jpg

The no rinse hand stuff I just made feels similar in texture except it feels emollient - you can tell it's got no alcohol.

Feels nice. Hmmm msybe could add some IPM
I was never able to replicate any "no rinse" soap. However I did create a 99% all natural foaming hand cleanser. It is quick and easy to make but the ingredients are not cheap. The one ingredient that is not natural is the preservative. You can get a natural preservative but there not as effective or long lasting. In your case, you would need a strong preservativ

Pentylene Glycol can act as a preservative. Also there's quite a lot of new natural preservatives. If you wanted to be Ecocert with this no rinse. I would leave out the dimethicone. It would be Ecocert if you did that ♥️

Last edited:
Back