No, no, no. Just no.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
This may be old news to knitters and crocheters, but I just discovered Lilly is selling scented Sugar and Cream yarn that they say "releases a gentle scent as you knit or crochet." Chamomile, lavender, or aloe. Who thought this up? If I want fragrance, I'll play with my soap. Has anyone else heard of this? Would anyone here use it?

This may be old news to knitters and crocheters, but I just discovered Lilly is selling scented Sugar and Cream yarn that they say "releases a gentle scent as you knit or crochet." Chamomile, lavender, or aloe. Who thought this up? If I want fragrance, I'll play with my soap. Has anyone else heard of this? Would anyone here use it?
Never heard of it. I wonder what they are using to scent it. I really don't know how I feel about this. Seems like a marketing gimmick that doesn't fill a need anyone has. I mean if you want to smell a nice smell while yarn crafting, light a candle.

I saw that online as well and thought it sounded like something to avoid :) It would be interesting to sniff, but I don't have a desire to smell my yarn the whole way through a crochet project.

No thank you. I haven't seen it yet, but that could keep me from purchasing for sure.

It would be lovely for an afghan to be lightly scented while I was snuggled under it. Maybe. But not while I was making it. Maybe unscented yarn, then an occasional linen spray when you want scent?

It's not ALL of their yarn...just a line of it. You can still buy it 'unscented'

I haven't used Sugar n Cream in years. I used to crochet dish cloths as sort of a therapy and literally crocheted hundreds of them. Now days, the most inexpensive cotton yarn I use is HL's "I Love This Cotton!".

Back