No more lurking..!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapingChick

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

I have been stalking y'all for a couple of years already - thank you for that privilege! I have now joined the family..
I made my first batch in nov. 2014 (CP) and I'm absolutely addicted to soapmaking. It's the most interesting and creatively satisfying hobby I've ever played around with. I<3!

I'm from Denmark, born and raised in Copenhagen where I still live. Looking forward to letting you get to know me, as I feel like I already know you.. ;-) (I kinda wanna apologize, it feels like I've been invading on some sort of privacy..) Guess I'll be part of it now!

Happy soaping!

By the skin of my teeth - hopefully!

Just when I was giving up the idea of being able to participate, my new slab mold arrived mid afternoon. It's a lovely, well made mold, with a liner, divider and a lid. I washed the liner and dividers, and then went to the barn to get my oils and butters out of the fridge and right after dinner I got all my oils and mango butter, FO and water weighed, and got my colorants out.

First thing in the morning,I'll get the rest of the things ready and make the soap right after breakfast. I'll only have one chance to get this soap made, so I'm hoping for the best using a new FO.

Loving all the entries. I'm gong to be joining the purple/lilac colors group since it's the logical color for this lavender soap which I've promised my daughter-in-law who loves lavender. She even makes a wonderful lavender, blackberry jam every summer.

Thank you so much, to all of you! What a wonderful warm welcome :-D I really appreciate it, makes me very happy!

Yes - the glazing over of the eyes..that came so fast and I just don't get it..? But then again, I'm the addicted one ;-) Maybe what I don't get is why they are not at all absolutely faschinated by the whole thing.. I mean, as soon as I became aware (I had NO idea, and this is someone who colored her hair with beetjuice at 12 yrs old with the help of my hippie momma!) that I could make this myself !!? whaaaa?? 'I can make this natural, beautiful, extremely usefull and GOOD for me AND the enviroment everyday-thing MYSELF???' I was seriously hooked even before starting my research..
+ Major bonus is the (never ending) research needed AND the level of creativety possible. Amazing <3

Thank you all, I LOOOOVE my *addiction* and even though they don't care to hear about it in detail, most of my peeps also really appreciate it as well.

I hope your day is meeting you kindly! Much bubbly love <3

Am I doing this right?

Just when I was giving up the idea of being able to participate, my new slab mold arrived mid afternoon. It's a lovely, well made mold, with a liner, divider and a lid. I washed the liner and dividers, and then went to the barn to get my oils and butters out of the fridge and right after dinner I got all my oils and mango butter, FO and water weighed, and got my colorants out.

First thing in the morning,I'll get the rest of the things ready and make the soap right after breakfast. I'll only have one chance to get this soap made, so I'm hoping for the best using a new FO.

Loving all the entries. I'm gong to be joining the purple/lilac colors group since it's the logical color for this lavender soap which I've promised my daughter-in-law who loves lavender. She even makes a wonderful lavender, blackberry jam every summer.

Hi JuneP, I think you meant to post this somewhere else :) And am I right in assuming that you now get some sort of alert of this message, because of the quotation??
Lavender-blackberry jam sounds DELICIOUS!! Hope your soap went well :)

Back