No idea what to call these - rose things

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derpina Bubbles

Reaction score
My last lot of soap ball embeds. These are scented with a blend of rose, geranium and patchouli EOs. The balls are scented with just rose geranium EO.

The clay in the dark pink sections didn't blend very well and I think it makes those bits look like Strasbourg sausage meat. Lucky it doesn't smell like that lol

rose g 3.jpg

rose geranium.jpg

Beautiful! Was the rose EO very expensive, if you don't mind my asking? I haven't been able to find it reasonably priced, which is unfortunate, because I LOVE rose EO. Jasmine too - though I guess they are both considered absolutes, from a purists' standpoint, unless they dilute it with something like jojoba. Might be wrong - an EO/Absolute expert would have to weigh in!

I used a 3% in Jojoba rose EO. I doubt I'll ever be within 100 metres of a rose absolute lol. I love rose and jasmine too but buy the 3% dilutions rather than miss out. 17ml for $407 for the rose 100% at my supplier which is just ouch.

Another fabulous soap!

They remind me of pink dominoes.

i 2nd that! my fave is the middle one with the thick cut. i think it looks better with the thicker cut. the line is very straight, well done!

Thanks :) and they do look a bit like pink dominoes. I have them lined up to cure now and I'm tempted to push em down.

The chunky ones do look better. I'm the worst for doing uneven cuts. I'm dreaming of a log cutter but can't seem to find one in Australia.

they are perfect and absolutely striking. I love them. So elegant!

ETA: I just showed the pic to DH and he said, "Yeah that's [stuff] you can't do."

Last edited:
they are perfect and absolutely striking. I love them. So elegant!

ETA: I just showed the pic to DH and he said, "Yeah that's [stuff] you can't do."

Ooooo lol cheeky DH. You should prove him wrong and make him eat his words. The design is deceptive, it's really easy to do.

I don't know which of the 3 I like best! If I HAD to choose I would take these, because of the scent. Love the work you've been doing.

Thanks, I've had fun making them all. I'm surprised how well the scent combo works. New favourite blend.

Thanks for all the awesome compliments. I like the idea of keeping one. Wish I had some of my 1st ever soaps or at least pics of them. Good reminders of the soap making journey.

I used a 3% in Jojoba rose EO. I doubt I'll ever be within 100 metres of a rose absolute lol. I love rose and jasmine too but buy the 3% dilutions rather than miss out. 17ml for $407 for the rose 100% at my supplier which is just ouch.

Really Beautiful, a super specialty soap in every way.
They look like Modern Art to me. Very Nice work !

Back