No cracks!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

country gal

Reaction score
I am sure many of you share in my excitement......soap with no cracking!

Thank you to all that gave me helpful tips and Heartsong for all of yours!!

The top log is pink grapefruit and the other is GM. That is the first of many GM that did not crack.

I think the new, just plain pine, molds helped and the pouring at a thinner trace then what I was - did the trick.
And I stopped peaking, literally had to leave the house for the first one, and noticed no white ash or whatever you call it, on top!!!

I'm getting there. Thanks Guys!! http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/4721/img4162c.jpg

country gal your soap looks fantastic , you did it !! WOOT .It is totally exciting to have made that perfect soap ..lol at leaving the house :lol:

Way to go !!

Kitn

Very nice soaps, lovely and creamy, it is always a great feeling when you have mastered something that was bugging you, so a big well done! I love your log mould, I really have to get my finger out and make one!

Congratulations--it looks like wonderful soap! I'm still waiting to post my first successful batch, so I know what it took for you to get there. I'm happy for you.
:D

they look like giant candy bars on top...you know like a 3 musketeer or something. i love it! they are so creamy looking!

Lovely soap and lovely tops. Have you done cakes? LOL

Good job!

Val

Thank you for all the compliments!!! Funny, now that it is working sooooo much better, all I want to do is MAKE SOAP!!!! :lol: I thank God for such a great addiction!!!

SimplyE - My husband made me 3 molds out of pine. They each hold 3 pounds. I get 12 bars from each and a little extra that I can either keep for me or cut into smaller bars for samples. I am trying to convince him to make some to sell!!! They are held together with dowels and come apart in two pcs. I don't know anything different so I think these are pretty easy to work with. I also cut my papers ahead of time and got the lining of them down....phew!!!!

Val - I used to make wedding cakes!!! I had to give it up as my twins got older!!!! (I am known for my baking and fancier treats) At my daughters wedding....she wanted soaps made for her favors. She found a mold that was "I do this all the time, it is so me".......I -heart(pic of a heart)-ewe ( a pic of a you). We did glycerin, light green, fragranced honeysuckle.....put them in a cute organza bag. Darn if people didn't eat them or at least try!!! I asked them what they were thinking, it doesn't smell like candy (they were about 1 1/2 -2" in diameter)....Answer: You always make neat things, I couldn't wait to taste it!!!!!
Yeah, we had guest running to the bathroom with the goofiest looks on their faces!! After a time of fun, we made an announcement that they where soap, not candy!
I have had some one ask if my coffee soap was fudge!!!

I an't wait to try some of those cupcake soaps!!!!! I will be in big trouble then...hee,hee!!

Latest posts

Back