Night owl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

houseofwool

Reaction score
This is scented with peppermint, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil for a good tingly soap. For all of us night owls who need an extra pick me up in the morning shower.

image.jpg

I would want to put that pretty soap in a soap dish just to look at after it was cut. Nice work!

Thanks all, I had popped the mold in the oven last night, but I don't think it was quite warm enough to really gel. When I took it out, the blue had faded a bit, which is disappointing, because I love the vibrancy of the color right after it was poured.

It is still a bit too soft to cut, but I have to say this modified column pour is one of my favorites. Rather than using an actual column, I taped 2 pieces of string across the mold to mark the center point. I poured over that each time so that I would still get the concentric rings then did the swirl. The last bit of blue was bigger than I had intended so I fiddled with the swirls a bit so that it would be more broken up.

You and Candybee must be psychically connected. You both used the same colors in a slab swirl and they both looks beautiful. How funny you each chose the same combo at about the same time!

Funny - I've been thinking about this scent combo for a while and just got the ultramarine and yellow oxide from BB recently. I really wanted something bright and energizing to go with the, um, bright and energizing scents.

Rather than using an actual column, I taped 2 pieces of string across the mold to mark the center point. I poured over that each time so that I would still get the concentric rings then did the swirl.

That's a clever idea! :clap: Thanks for sharing because my slab mold had ridges on the bottom and I couldn't set the column in the center. I'd still get an interesting swirl but never an even one, kwim?

Honestly, I couldn't figure out how to get a column in the mold that was skinny enough for my liking, but that would be heavy enough to not fall over. Then I realized that all I really need is a target that doesn't move. I eyeballed the placement, using a light weight yarn that doesn't have any loose fibers. Easy peasy, and nothing to remove from the mold and potentially goof up the rings.

Honestly, I couldn't figure out how to get a column in the mold that was skinny enough for my liking, but that would be heavy enough to not fall over. Then I realized that all I really need is a target that doesn't move. I eyeballed the placement, using a light weight yarn that doesn't have any loose fibers. Easy peasy, and nothing to remove from the mold and potentially goof up the rings.

I'm still impressed by how you thought outside the box to solve a problem. It's a creative solution. :grin:

I don't sell soap...maybe someday. But I am thinking that would be a cool look for some college fans on your list. For example...For those of us in the OHIO region, we tend to lean toward THE OHIO STATE University....Scarlet and Grey. It could be a unisex scent, not unlike what the OP used.
I was trying to think of a team with Blue and Gold...then said...ummm maybe not. (you have to be an Ohio State Fan to understand...we don't even mention the name of that team from up North...lol).

One of our local high schools are the Bluegolds, so the colors would be perfect for them!

Latest posts

Back