Night at the fair

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Ziegler

Circle Z soaps
Reaction score
We have a very small 4H fair and this was the first night. Are commercial building is only open for 4 hours a night. I was there 3.5 hours and sold 11 bars of soap and 21 tubes of lip balm and 10 jars of my all natural jelly (vasoline replacement). Pretty happy with the first night.

Congratulations,bet its exciting to have your hard work paying off.
I was just wondering about you a couple days ago, hadn't seen ya around in awhile.

Is your jelly recipe high in castor? I followed a recipe by soaping101 and really liked it, just wish I hadn't put the dandelion in it.

That's awesome, dude! Don't leave me hanging here, what's the scoop with the natural jelly?! That is a whole new thang here on this forum.
Lip balm is on this year's bucket list. I've got the 1,000 tubes waiting to be filled....
I buy the wax jelly from Formulators sample shop and then I transfer it to plastic jars. I had a friend of mine test my jars in her lab and everything came back great. I didn't have to add any preservative to it. In its original container it has a 1 year shelf life but I put a 6 month experation date on mine. I used to get from lotioncrafter but it's a little more expensive than FSS.
Congratulations,bet its exciting to have your hard work paying off.
I was just wondering about you a couple days ago, hadn't seen ya around in awhile.

Is your jelly recipe high in castor? I followed a recipe by soaping101 and really liked it, just wish I hadn't put the dandelion in it.
Yes, it's about 75-85 percent castor oil and I add Blueberry oil to it and jojoba oil but not very much. The blueberries give it a greenish blue tint. I only sell it as a lip balm and don't make any medical claims. Sorry for not keeping in touch. I stopped making everything 2 weeks before my surgery. I also sold my bottles of my 99% natural foaming hand soap. That has been my biggest request for when I can start making stuff again. I have found a formula that can even be used on a wash cloth. Very popular but expensive.

That's awesome, dude! Don't leave me hanging here, what's the scoop with the natural jelly?! That is a whole new thang here on this forum.
Lip balm is on this year's bucket list. I've got the 1,000 tubes waiting to be filled....
BTW get the silicone tube holders from Wholesale supplies plus, you won't regret it.

We have a very small 4H fair and this was the first night. Are commercial building is only open for 4 hours a night. I was there 3.5 hours and sold 11 bars of soap and 21 tubes of lip balm and 10 jars of my all natural jelly (vasoline replacement). Pretty happy with the first night.
Congratulations Todd that is awesome!

Sounds like a success! We did show craft shows earlier this year and will start up again next month. We mostly do outdoor shows as they are usually single day events and are cheaper than indoor events but we're in Texas and it's too hot in the summer for outdoors. The one we have next month is an exception in that it's inside over two days but it's worth it to not be outside in August.

Sounds like a success! We did show craft shows earlier this year and will start up again next month. We mostly do outdoor shows as they are usually single day events and are cheaper than indoor events but we're in Texas and it's too hot in the summer for outdoors. The one we have next month is an exception in that it's inside over two days but it's worth it to not be outside in August.
I lived in Arlington TX for 7 years right on the corner of hwy 360 & Abrams st. And you are right it's hot. I would go to traders place as soon as it would open to avoid the heat.

Latest posts

Back