Nice goat's milk/tallow recipe!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Reaction score
I just sampled this soap, made on 10/29.

10% shea butter
20% coconut oil
12% tallow (beef)
50% olive oil (pomace grade)
8% castor oil

8% superfat
goat's milk for the water, frozen first and lye added to it. Kept cool in an ice bath while mixing (never exceeded 100 degrees) and then avoided gel.

Numbers:
Hardness 36
Cleansing 14
Condition 62
Bubbly 22
Creamy 29
Iodine 62
INS 140

I made a 25 ounce (weight of oils) batch, as it fits nice in my silicone loaf pan. It's really nice now, with creamy and bubbly lather thanks to the goat's milk and the castor oil, and it's nice and firm. I used it on my face and body, and it's very mild. After a longer cure, I think this may be my favorite bar of all time, so I wanted to share it with you all!

I use very little fragrance (just some EOs and not much of them), but I used rosemary, lavendar, and bergemot EOs and the mild scent is there.

Your recipe looks nice and includes many of my favorite ingredients. Thanks for sharing!

Yum, that sounds like a nice recipe. Thanks for sharing. Can you post pictures? I've just experimented with goats milk myself and am curious what colour yours is.

I've never posted pictures, so I can give it a try after dinner. But the best description I can think of is "beige". It's not white, or even off-white, but it's definitely much lighter than tan.

Latest posts

Back