NG's Lip Balm base, anyone ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I just saw this Base in NG site. https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/lipbalm/all-natural-lip-balm-base
Ingredients: coconut oil, bees wax, organic shea butter, organic cocoa butter, tocopherol (vitamin e).

Has anyone used this base?

If so HOW does it feel on the lips?
Does it feel hand made or like what you find in the grocery? I don't' want that...

I have a balm I am making now and it has NO Flavor or Sweetener, which I want to keep. 1 is with Beeswax, the other with Cocoa butter.

But I was thinking if I should add 1 flavor to the line. Might be better to use this and easier ?

I've never tried the lip balm base you linked to.
But I will say I have made several batches of lip balm in the last year.
Lip balm is so easy to make I don't know why one would buy lip balm base.
It literally takes me about 20 minutes to fill 48 tubes of lip balm start to finish.
And then just a few minutes extra for cleanup.
I also like to use as many local ingredients as I can. This mean sourcing local beeswax and making some oil infused with local flowers such as Alaskan Fireweed, Rose, wild chamomile, rose hips, Etc.
While I do not have a business selling these types of products I would think if I did telling people it was locally-sourced ingredients versus a base from some online place would have some good label appeal.

Back