NG scent reviews?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I just ordered some new scents from NG and was curious if anyone has used them. I checked the scent review and didn't see anything about them.

Green apple explosion- just want plain apple
Forbidden fruit- another apple, hopefully kinda sweet
Indian sandalwood - looking for a nice sandalwood for DH
Deadly weapon- hoping this is similar to oldspice

Oh, if anyone likes black licorice, check out their FO. Its so much stronger and sticks better then any anise EO I've ever used.

Indian Sandalwood smells nice, soaps well but does not hold well. I would make a small batch to use up quickly.

I do not find Deadly Weapon to be like Oldspice but it is a nice men's fragrance that sells pretty well for me. Again it soaps well with none to slight discoloration.

I use 2 different Sandalwoods and both are good sellers. Some like one versus the other as they really do smell different.
Gemlite's Sandalwood, needs to be hot processed for sanity sake

Asian Sandalwood from California Candle Supply actually outsells Gemlite's. If any of you remember Not Ally, she did a lot of testing and mentions Gemlite's is closest to real Mysore Sandalwood. I really do not know as I have never smelled the real deal.

Thanks @cmzaha for the heads up on the sandalwood. I only ordered a sample so I'll use it for beard oil instead of soap.

I'm not experienced with sandalwood at all. I liked the one m&p you sent, I think it had santal in the name? I just want something woody and kinda sweet without smelling like cedar.

Deadly weapon is also for DH and maybe my brother. I'm hoping it won't smell like a room full of high school boys.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting perfect man, I know that one is nice.

NG's Deadly Weapon did nothing for me in CP soap. I was pretty excited about it due to glowing reviews, but to my nose it was just a 'run of the mill' boring generic cologne scent. But to be fair, I'm not a huge fan of The Perfect Man either for the same reason. Both are OK, but nothing to write home about.
For a plain apple scent that actually smells like taking a bite of an apple and nothing else (no spice, no greenery, no floral), I've not found a better FO than Peaks Macintosh Apple. It plays nice in CP, has great scent retention, and you can use it as low as 0.5 oz ppo.

Thanks @cmzaha for the heads up on the sandalwood. I only ordered a sample so I'll use it for beard oil instead of soap.

I'm not experienced with sandalwood at all. I liked the one m&p you sent, I think it had santal in the name? I just want something woody and kinda sweet without smelling like cedar.

Deadly weapon is also for DH and maybe my brother. I'm hoping it won't smell like a room full of high school boys.

I'm kinda kicking myself for not getting perfect man, I know that one is nice.
The one with the Santal would have been Red Santal from Soapalooza. I can drop a sample of the Sandalwood from Gemlite and one of the Asian Sandalwood if you would like to smell them. Deadly Weapon is a little on the cologne side but as I mentioned it is quite popular with my customers, and I also like it.

The one with the Santal would have been Red Santal from Soapalooza. I can drop a sample of the Sandalwood from Gemlite and one of the Asian Sandalwood if you would like to smell them. Deadly Weapon is a little on the cologne side but as I mentioned it is quite popular with my customers, and I also like it.

Sure, I'd love samples. Thank you:) its hard to order scents for DH when he has no idea how to describe what he likes.

Got my FO today, quick review.

Deadly weapon- very nice cologne scent, not overpowering. Might soap it tomorrow.

Indian sandalwood- absolutely horrible oob but really nice diluted in carrier oil. Warm, spicy and a little sweet. DH approved it for beard oil.

Forbidden fruit- this is nice, a little apple, a little tropical. No or maybe very mild floral.

Green apple- disappointing oob, completely artificial apple. Not juicy or tart. Might try and mix it with some rose.

Latest posts

Back