NG Fresh Cut Roses - single bars with swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Here is my single bars, fragranced with Natures Garden Fresh Cut roses. I made 12 of them, but 6 in the picture looked neater.

I left one part of the batter uncolored and the other one I colored with Nurtures Really Red mica, (but used in moderation) to achieve a softer pink and not red, as I wasn`t really (!) looking for that intensity.

I stickblended the batter to emulsion as I suspected this fragrance might have som acceleration like flower fragrances often do. I was right, but since I only had emulsion when I added it, I had no problem achieveing the swirl in each bar like I wanted, and had plenty of time to neatly fill all 12 cavities with fluid batter without the last portion turn into glop. But had I waited to light or medium trace before adding fragrance the glop would have been the result, me thinks.

I made these in may and the fragrance is really sticking! I really like it because isn`t that cloying, intense, sweet rose smell with nothing else going on. It has some fresher green undertones that is like of the greenery from leaves and stems that makes it more easy going, at least for me. This is a very nice fragrance and I have a full size of it, so this is a keeper for me.

Freshly Cut Roses 2017.jpg

Congratulations! The soap is lovely -- you nailed the soft pink color. I like how there are variations in the intensity of the color to suggest the shadows deep in the petals and the normal color variations of a real rose.

I like Fresh Cut Roses FO as well, because it does have that fresh green note. It's more like the scent of roses in a garden than roses from a florist.

Thank you all for the lovely comments!

Although it did come out the way I wanted this time, that isn`t always the case, lol, but that`s soap for yah : D

What is your swirl technique? I love how it is blended in some places but gradually more saturated in others. Great job!

What is your swirl technique? I love how it is blended in some places but gradually more saturated in others. Great job!

Thank you : )

The "secret" to effect isn`t something special at all, it is very easy! It is sort of in-the-pot-swirl.

The biggest thing for me when I am doing this, is to have very light trace, I usually go for emulsion as I need the batter to be thin to be able to make the "feathering" effect in the colors.

Here I had stickblended to emulsion, added the fragrance, handwisked it, (because it accelerates trace) divided into two pots, one half colored pink, one part was just uncolored since this fragrance does not discolor.

Then I added the pink batter carefully into the uncolored batter. And again, this was a very fluid batter, so I gently poured the pink into the middle of uncolored one, took 1 slow stroke through the middle, no more or the color gets muddled. Then I went ahead and poured the batter-mix into the oval molds.

But, while I am pouring I pour in cirkular motion - always starting in the middle, and pouring in cirkle motion untill I get to the edges and the cavity is filled. In my head just call this a "rosy swirl" as I like the effect for my floral fragrances. I have achieved them in square cavities too, but round or oval molds work best for this effect since the square ones makes the effect cut off at the edges. Still pretty, but different.

Hopefully I explained it well enough. If not, just let me know : )

Love 'em. They are fab.

And I LOVE rose- so yeah, Thanks A LOT because I will have to add this to my already ridiculous stash of FOs. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back