NG FO buying list, need Reviews...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin19687

Reaction score
I have some FO's that I wondered if anyone had used and could tell me how they were ?

Sherlock Homie
Mayan Musk
Ferocious beast
Cedar-wood
Twilight in the Woods
Cinnabun Type
Snowballs
Rosemary- (Smell known, how did it work for you)
White Sage & Sea Salt

I wanted to get Perfect Man but just can't justify the price right now.

I use a lot of their oils but none you’ve listed. Except Perfect Man my top seller in men’s as well as Cracklin Birch. I justify the price as it only takes about 3% in a 5 lb batch.

Good to know about Perfect man ! I didn't know it was that strong. Do you normally do 5 or 6% in a 5# batch ?
I think I will put it back on my list !

I made salt bars a few weeks ago with White Sage & Sea Salt. I got NO accel which surprised me. I can't comment on whether or not it discolors because I added yellow clay to it but I doubt it since the bars are still the true yellow clay color. Right now the scent is still good but it's a light scent to begin with so by the 6 month mark it might be very faint or gone. If you like light, clean scents, it's good.

I use NG's
Mango Sorbet, Werewolf, Coolwater, Egyptian Dragon, and Cracklin' Birch. I am sure there are more but I am not home to look. Mango Sorbet accelerates but holds for a long time. I recently checked one I had set aside to see how long the fragrance would last. It is at least 2 yrs old and still holding scent well.

I tried their Lily of the Valley and it was a disaster. It overheated severely and did not hold the fragrance

Mango Sorbet (I don’t have a problem with acceleration might be lucky), Love Spell, Lavender Flowers, Lilac, Eucalyptus Mint Sweet Orange Chili Pepper. Theyall perform for me and stick. Lilac moves fast.

@Lin19687 I am sorry, I haven`t tested any of the ones you mentioned, but have almost all my oils from NG, and I am super happy with them, they are stickers.

Let me know if you are interested in any of the ones I have.

Last edited:
Thank you to those that replied to my question. Shunt does Lavender Flowers smell like lavender? I'm looking for a Lavender F.O. that will boost my 40/42 E.O. I have trouble with Lavender E.O. sticking.

^^^^I'm repeating my question, does anyone know if NG Lavender Flowers acutally smells like Lavender? So many lavender F.O.s don't come close to the real thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to those that replied to my question. Shunt does Lavender Flowers smell like lavender? I'm looking for a Lavender F.O. that will boost my 40/42 E.O. I have trouble with Lavender E.O. sticking.
I use this Lavender to anchor my Lavender 40/42 which I always had fading problems when used alone.
https://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Lavender-Flowers-Fragrance-Oil.html. I do not like it out of the bottle but it works well as a mix. I use 2 parts Lavender EO 40/42 to 1 part Fragrance Lavender. This is the best mix I have found that will hold well in soap after trying several Lavender FO's.

Well, since you didn't quote me I had no idea you had another question. Yes, it works well. I too combine it with lavender EO. But, have used it separately. It's strong and doesn't need a lot.

Well, since you didn't quote me I had no idea you had another question. Yes, it works well. I too combine it with lavender EO. But, have used it separately. It's strong and doesn't need a lot.
Sorry shunt I just assumed you were following the thread and would see it. Lesson learned! And thanks for re-finding me. The only trick I learned to anchor Lavender E.O. is to add a little Patchouli.
I use this Lavender to anchor my Lavender 40/42 which I always had fading problems when used alone.
https://www.thesage.com/catalog/products/Lavender-Flowers-Fragrance-Oil.html. I do not like it out of the bottle but it works well as a mix. I use 2 parts Lavender EO 40/42 to 1 part Fragrance Lavender. This is the best mix I have found that will hold well in soap after trying several Lavender FO's.
Thank you too, I will keep that in mind. See Patch trick above^^^

I love NG lavender & Sage. makes the Lavender just a bit different but still lavender if that makes sense

EDIT, is this from another thread of Soapmaker ?? I don't see that question asked here.? Was there a Glitch ?

I have some FO's that I wondered if anyone had used and could tell me how they were ?

Sherlock Homie
Mayan Musk
Ferocious beast
Cedar-wood
Twilight in the Woods
Cinnabun Type
Snowballs
Rosemary- (Smell known, how did it work for you)
White Sage & Sea Salt

I wanted to get Perfect Man but just can't justify the price right now.

I ordered the Rosemary for a custom and the customer loved it in MP & wax. I am thinking of blending it and putting it in my fall line somewhere, somehow. Its nice I think.

I just soaped the Rosemary in a Salt bar. morphed, as usual on the 1st day and now 2-3 day after it smells like a Pixie Stick o_O
I like it, but do hope it goes back after a nice cure :)

I just soaped the Rosemary in a Salt bar. morphed, as usual on the 1st day and now 2-3 day after it smells like a Pixie Stick o_O
I like it, but do hope it goes back after a nice cure :)
That's interesting - I did not notice an issue with the MP or the wax melts, but I didn't smell them every day either lol

I did 5% like normal. I usually have a weird mix when it first starts to cure, but by the 4-5 week you start to get the correct scent.
Almost all of my Salts start out that way :smallshrug: It also could be my nose too
But I have not had any lose scent unless it was around the 2 year mark. I unpacked one that was 10 year old and you could still smell the scent a bit. I tossed it :( I should have used it to see but I was in the middle of Purging

Latest posts

Back