Newby from Ohio

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mandy93

Reaction score
Hello! New here. Have not made my first bar of soap yet...been wanting to get started but not sure where to start from! So I have been reading up and learning what I can. Still trying to figure out if I can find most of what I need local or not, not sure where most people get their supplies, or how much expense is usually involved in getting started. Hoping to learn a lot from everyone!!

So about me: I am a stay at home mom of 2 boys. Oldest does virtural school, youngest is not there yet. We live pretty frugal but have learned to actually ENJOY that! (The kids love home cooking now! ha) Been married 15 years this October. :shock: Cannot believe I am getting so old soooo fast! HA

Hey!! and welcome!! I love living the frugal lifestyle...wish i owned my own house so i had more space to grow some food and such!!

what type of stuff do you do to live the frugal lifestyle??

im trying to adapt my lifestyle as much as possible while living in an apartment!

Oh gish-I cook everything from scratch-that has saved a TON! (From soups to chocolate milk syrup to granola bars to tortillas...you name it! LOL)

Since we just got this house we will put a garden in so that should help for the summer and next winter.

I also (TRY) to limit how often I go to the store because the more I go, the more I end up with "extras" that I may not really NEED but the kids WANT for snacks. Plus the less running I do the less gas used.

I know a lot of frugal people use coupons, but I am SOOO bad about that. lol I never seem to get the coupons when I need them to get things free-so I am still working on myself for that!!

I also make my own mineral cosmetics, and LOVE them too! Been doing that for about 3 years now. So that helps save a ton on cosmetic prices! (And is better for the skin anyway!!)

For the ferrets I use wood stove pellets for the litter box and not the litter box pellets that you can buy at the store-that saves me SOOOOO much-my goodness! I buy 2 bags of wood stove pellets for about $10.00 and that gets me through the entire year (actually MORE than a year) where if I bought the little bags at the pet store or walmart, well, it wuld be near $10.00 for a month or two at most!! Some people have changed thier cats over, but my cat will NOT use them. (Would work great for anyone useing the pellets from the pet store though!!)

So there are a few tips, not sure I helped much, but ask away! :wink:

oooooh I love to cook too ! I try cooking evrything myself and as much non-proccessed food as I can...

sooo you make your own chocolate syrup??? how do you do that?? do you start with the beans or the powder? that would be a cool thing to try, havent done that yet..

Well, I do buy the cocoa powder-have not gone that far-YET... but it is easy.

1/2 cup cocoa
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt (I leave the salt out personally)

Mix the cocoa and water in a pam and heat & stir to dissolve powder. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Boil 3 minutes, then take from heat and add vanilla & salt. Sore in refrigerator-will keep for several months.

VERY simple and Tastes better than anything from the store! NEVER lasts long inthis house! I do not like most chocolate milk mixes, but I LOVE this! lol

Thanks for the recipe!! just added it to my folder! (if you ever need a good recipe for something let me know Ive got TONS saved ...odd for a 22 yr old guy huh?? I love to cook :) )

I totally agree, the store bought chocolate milk/syrup is nasty! it either tastes like the bottle it came in or like you KNOW its made from powder lol... cant wait to try this because I dont drink coffee (yuck!!!) so chocolate milk/hot chocolate alllll the way baby!! (I like to research ancient recipes too like the original recipes the aztecs and mayans used to consume chocolate, which are starting to pop up due to recent archaeological findings )

not that i need the caffeine...im up all night as it is....give me some caffeine and I do backflips around my apartment like a bouncy ball lol....

my eyes look like this :shock: when i drink it lol....

thanks again!

Noooo problem! This stuff is great. My son tasted it (and he DOES like the stuff fromthe store), he got this wild look in his eyes and then he said that he will NOT drink it from the store again that only "moms way" is good! LOL How sweet is that?

I too am anti coffee. I cannot even stand to smell it. My parents, grandfather and husband love it-me{shudder}.

I could live on chocolate if you let me! Gosh-back in 2000 I lost over 50 pounds, and everyone would laugh at me-I would walk my 5 miles (ore more) a day and then go to Texas Roadhouse and get the Mile High Brownie they had....{sigh} sadly they no longer have it. And even more sadly, with the kids, I cannot walk 5 miles a day...so the chocolate has to be cut back. What a bummer is that?HA!!

Great that a 22 yo man cooks! WAY TO GO!! I am proud of you, and can only hope that my boys watching me in the kitchen will make them want to cook at least a little! :wink:

Oh I could totally live on chocolate as well! :)... I had a similar brownie experience! this place up in NY used to serve this hot brownie fudge sundae thing and I went back recently and it was GONE!! noooooo!!! :cry:

hey take the kids on walks too! organize family "hikes" and teach them about the birds and animals and plants you pass by (or learn together as you walk! bring a book to help!) I dont think enough of the kids nowadays have any appreciation for the outdoors...theyre too concerned with cellphones, cpu's, video games and what time their shows come on....I didnt really have reliable cable when I was a kid so i was foreced to do other stuff...which was cool because now i really apprecaite nature!

also for getting them to enjoy cooking...teach them everything you know and get them in the kitchen with you as much as possible, answer all their questions, and never refuse to..its like being shot down, if you dont know something then research it together...kind of like a bonding experience too!... and to get them in the kitchen...dont say you need help (sometimes kids will be like UUGGGGH >>>WHYYYYYY!..I dont WANNA HELPPPP ), say you want to teach them stuff... even if they dont say it I think kids are quite intrigued by what goes on in the kitchen, many think its magic!... and in some aspects it is! their minds are like sponges :)

I started cooking with my mom gosh, before i could even see over the counter!! mannnn i made a MESS! I remember this one time with one of those kitchenaid mixers, we were making bread or something and i turned it on high right away, instead of low-med-high and the flour went EVERYWHERE...my mom and I were laughing so hard lol.. .i think i was like 3 to 5 yrs old..dont remember exactly.

My dad taught me alot about cooking as well because he was a professor of the Culinart arts (and my fam is in the restaurant biz)... so I was surrounded by food-knowledge!

my dad- meats, dressings, greens, misc other stuff, and lots of technique from his teaching years

my mother- italian foods, sauces, soups, and baking everything you could imagine...

I love being able to learn in the kitchen (even to this day!!)...my dad just taught me how to make pistachio encrusted lamb chops the other day...MMMM and I just got two of the best pasta fagioli and lentil soup recipes from my mother Ive had yet... but like she says...if I tell you id have to kill you .... lol

jkjk .... but she seriously does say that :)

you like to cook Italian food?? try making a Marinara or tomato paste from San Marzano tomatoes, theyre the best in the world for either of the two...From the campania province in Italy grown in volcanic soil (and most definitely worth importing :) ) ...going to try to grow my own soon, I can recreate the exact soil conditions/light cycle through hydroponics so I cant wait to start with this experiment!

ok Im going to stop, I feel like i could go on forever! lol can you tell I love to cook :)

Oh Ian your pulling on my heart strings. When my 21 year old was young he used to want to help me in the kitchen, but I would put him off. With 3 other children and homeschooling and an aging mother to care for I was just overwhelmed. I have about 2 regrets with that son and that is one of them. I really believe he would have loved the kitchen and now he doesn't want to go near it.

Now I want you to understand that I don't let this wear me down. I did so many things right as his mother and he's a great son. But I encourage parents not to discourage their children in the kitchen. I'll come and clean their kitchens if I have to.(It's never gotten that far.LOL)

You are going to be a great Dad and in the meantime keep mentoring those around you. I keep telling my children they are mentoring whether they know it or not. They are being watched.

Happy cooking and creating. Laurie

aww, thats sweet...thanks Laurie! Like you said..dont let it get you down, things cant always be as youd like but the most important part is that you were there for them in other ways that they needed you!

I cant wait to be a Dad...I love children, mentoring (which is why im trying to get into social work), and people in general.... (although im waiting on kids for a while...want to get career, relationship stuff squared away first so i can provide them with a stable life once i do decide to have them)

...and its better late than never, ...ever tried sitting him down and explaining to him what you just said to me?? and that youd love to show him a thing or two? (as a first time bringing it up type thing...next special occasion, try to work in maybe how he could make dinner for his GF or BF like an anniversary or Bday or something!!) show him how he can benefit from it and that you really do want to teach him this stuff and its important that you pass it on to him before 'the old recipes' are lost..(not to sound dreary or anything ...but its a powerful motivation if you let him think about it, just dont push..some guys dont like the kitchen..Lord knows ive got many friends who only know the George Foreman grill and pizza rolls in the micro lol... )

I want to start posting some cooking threads... next time I cook Im going to do it... I think the first one will be entitled:

"How to makeada pasta (from scratch) By Ian Terry" :)

In fact that might have just inspired me to do it tonight lol...

you havent truly tried pasta until youve had it from scratch! :)

and thats great advice to give to your kids Laurie... let them know of the butterfly effect they create in all aspects of life around them, saying one word, or not saying it can and will change the lives of others!

:)

All respect and positive vibrations your way :)

I have NOT made pasta from scratch. It is on my list of things to do SOON, but I have been a touch worried. But then I was about the tortillas too, and they were fine. LOL

We went on vacation over the summer with my parents (the kids and I) and we ended up at a place where they cook in front of you-well, the youngest now plays that he is a "cooker" as he calls it and whenever he sees a commercial on TV about culinary art school, he gets all excited and says that is what he will be when he gets big. So I might have a cook someday..... :wink:

We do virtural school here, so he (oldest) knows that we can use cooking as school! So that is a plus. (he is 6...but I know it is coming....HA)

Actually both kids like to be outside. Well, the younger one is a little bit attached to the TV, but as it is getting warmer he is venturing out more. The only bummer with going walking with them is I want to WALK and they want to look. We have an amazing auboritium rught down the road (actually it is where I got engaged) and they LOVE going there! Planning on the garden this summer, and they are excited about that. Think I will also let them do their own small garden and then if they like it let them grow it a bit each year.

I worry about all the kids who are so into the MP3 players, the cell phones and all that. Gosh-it is like they do not use their minds to come up with fun anymore-they feel like they need to be entertained all of the time. My nephew is 4 and well, he will be one of the ones who wants constant entertainment...I see it coming.....ugh

Yes, does sound like you will be a good daddy! That is a HUGE plus!!

I actually required my kids to cook one meal a week. That son had 3 recipes in his file. He didn't even want to think about any new recipes. I could tell his heart wasn't in it.

I may show him this thread. We have a very open and respectful relationship. He has an amazing ability to communicate with people, without feeling threatened.

Talk about kids acting out experiences. I did lots of that when my 2 oldest were young and they would act out everything for hours and hours together. All the new things they experienced. It was awesome to watch them. They would really lose themselves in it. But there was no TV at the time or computers or games, just the imagination.

if you can make tortillas you can make pasta so dont let it freak you...I havent tried tortillas home made yet (I dont know what id use to flatten them with??) but i d def like to try because home made is always the best!

I think the garden idea is great!! you should def. let them try their own little plot...kids will learn quite a bit (especially about responsibility) by tending to things and seeing that they can spread LIFE :) I used to help my dad in the garden all the time and was so fascinated...to this day i love gardening just as much as i love cooking and eating the things i grow (an added benefit!!)

speaking of the arboretum I remember my mom used to take me into a few when i was young and wed go on nature walks... ahhhh reminiscing... those were good time! I loved nature (and still do) so be proud your kids like it too! youve got to show them how to appreciate all the birds and animals around them, lots of kids dont learn that respect for ALL life...I share the worry about the gadget-addicted kids...cant survive without being attached to their cell phones...but now with all this research on brain cancer saying that its like 80% more likely after 10yrs of cell phone use... SCARY stuff !

No kidding! Last summer when Garet was in bible school, he kept asking for my cell phone. I told him NO that he did not need it. So then he started pushing that he wanted one. I asked him WHY ON EARTH he felt he needed one since he goes with me everywhere so who would he need to call?! He said that it was just having one because some of the other kids were bringing them in!! These kids were 5!!! Come on! So I told Garet that I really thought it was silly at 5 years old to have a cell phone because who would they be calling (these kids were not even in school yet!!) he started laughing and said he guessed it was a little funny. THANK GOODNESS! HA!

I have heard you can use a rolling pin for the tortillas but not sure I am that good. ha I got a tortilla press, and it does okay. I mean, they were thicker than you would buy in the store, but they taste a lot better. But then someone said you could use a pasta roller if you did not need them round....and I would think you have one of those. I do not-need to invest again...

It is funny. My husband & I were just talking about memories from being a kid-I have no memories of going to any arboretums or anything like that with my parents. I was lucky to get to go with the Brownie troop I was in, and otherwise mom & dad were NOT into that. To them, Cedar Point or Sea World were vacations, nothing else. And that was great-don't get me wrong-but like going to Dawes Arboretum-that place is soooo pretty. Not that it is huge and I am SURE that there are better ones, but it is local, and they keep it nice. You can tour the homes of the people who used to live there, and I have been lucky to do that when in elementary school. So I know I will be taking the kids to that for "school time"-plan on trying to do the tours. But they love going to look around and to get pics done. Gosh-you should see a few of Garet when he was dressed up for Halloween out there! LOL Had some that were neat to see. (But then he refused to wear the costume after making me make it for him....he hated the make up! HA)

Laurie-cute that he made the same three things. I never thought of having the kids have a night to help cook...maybe I should get them started young so they like it? (Or hate it, since you can never tell what way it will go with kids....)

Don't know that one-but I know the "Let them be little" one....and do not even get me started on the "pooh corner" one.....I would be sobbing at the keyboard!!

Well, there are a couple of Garet's spooky halloween. Ugh. No trouble at all getting him to look scary! He was SOOO sure he wanted to be a "goblen" as he called it-but ended up being a dinosaur for trick-or-treat (you know, the one that MOM picked....)

100_0391.jpg

100_0381.jpg

100_0337.jpg

Gosh-I was just thinking....I wonder if I should have changed this to another topic since the pics are there? If it is a problem, let me know and I will remove them.....

lol nope its YOUR intro thread, so whatever you want to post pretty much is fair game so long as its within the rules of the forum, and respectable and all that good stuff :)

hahah awesome constume! whos idea was it to take pics in the graveyard?!?! nice one!!! yeahh usually the one that MOM suggests works best :)

so how does the virtual school thing work?? just curious about that?? do you ever worry about socialization type stuff??

Is that the arboretum you take them to with the lake in the background?? looks like a nice area! Theres not enough trees in FL! I miss the nature preserves up North (im from Long Island, NY)

The graveyard is AT the arboretum-so it worked well. The people who had owned the land had family buried there, and then they have a huge mosilium, well, there is no door, so maybe it is a valut? Not sure what they call it, but anyway, it is quite amazing. There are some graves around it too, and some are actually very new. But the ones that Garet had done for Halloween were the older ones...I cannot find a picture of their vault without Garet in it...it is really amazing though. So yes, all of those pics were taken there. The first one I posted (where I am looking down at him and you can see the side of a building), was at an old water house. They still have a cabin there and they make maple syrup there in the winter. Had planned on taking the kids-they love that cabin and the setting in the woods-but it was just SOOOO cold. So I wimped out. Figure it might be better to wait until they are older to enjoy it more. HA Here is a pic of what I have of the vault-for now. :wink: And there is another one of the OLD stones....way too much sun on Garet but you can see the stones well....
100_0157.jpg

100_0373.jpg

Ahhh, the school thing. Well, I can honestly say that I never planned on having him at home. I will admit (although I probably sound like a bad person for it) that I was actually looking forward to him going to school-I figured I had nearly 3 years of "alone" time with him before Kaden was born, and Kaden and I never had that "alone" time-so I figured Garet would go to school and I would get my time with Kaden. The closer it came to school, the more worried he got. Garet is so...serious. He has no idea what it means to be a kid. (That said, I did not either.....I was always the little grown up......now at 32 I want to LEARN TO BE A KID!!) Anyway, he is amazingly smart-his conversations are just wild. So I really thought that he would do okay with school once he got there. Bible school came and he went through the panic of me leaving and all. (Part of that was because the summer before he had a kid rough him up pretty bad-along with some other kids in the class-and he does not like to fight, so I knew what to expect.) After the first night he told me that he did not need me in the class because he was not scared, but that I could NOT leave the church. (Like I wanted to sit there for 2.5 hours with a 2 year old!!) So I asked WHY ON EARTH I could not leave. He looked me right in the eye and said "mom, people go in churches and schools and they shoot kids. I am not scared to get shot, but I want you to tell me bye and hold my hand." I was a mess. So I went home and talked to husband, and some of the family. We all knew that with his mind being so much older that it should be, that these are the things he sits and thinks on, but had no idea what to do.

A couple of weeks later I got info on a virtural school, and looked into them, but the ratings for them in Ohio were not so good, so I kept looking. Thankfully I found another one and it is AMAZING. Anyway, so we talked to a family friend who is a school teacher (and who also had him in her kids church class about once a month) and she said that he learns quickly, and does well with other kids, but will hold back what he knows in front of others and she thought that doing school at home and being one on one would be great, and that most kids could use more one-on-one time than they can get in a classroom anyway. (At least around here-they cut teachers and overfill the classrooms-but the schools are new, and that seems to be what they all wanted-new buildings....)

So after talking to her, I enrolled him. The lessons with OHVA (they are in other states too actually) are a little above what they would learn in a classroom, but the child can move at their own speed. Like with Garet, he is ahead in everything, and has already completed his language arts for the year and his math, so is already in 1st grade math..and would be further than this but I have been holding back as his teacher said that there is no push him, so his end of year will be a little less stress. :) (For me, you see.....) Then I have talked to some parents at some of the festivities we have been to, where their child is BEHIND in everything due to whatever learning issues they might have, and by doing OHVA they will still be able to keep the kids in the correct grade-considering they do school through the summer (even though the state will not let them count the hours as "school time" it lets the children catch up-something they would not really be able to do at the school building....)

He was in soccer in the fall, and starts soccer for spring tomorrow. He interacts very well with other kids, and adults just as well. (My uncle LOVES sitting with Garet to talk because he said you never know where a simple conversation will lead, and that Garet is more fun to talk to than his own grandchildren who are 11 because Garet is a "deep thinker" and not like a "kid" so he likes to see the world through Garets eyes...) So I keep in involved that way, although if he did not enjoy soccer I would let him do something else.

The school also is pretty good about having get togethers with other students to keep them involved and active and social for families that might not put their children other activities. Then they also have events where the teachers are, so they have activities that kids would usually have IN a school building. So that makes it very nice.

It was funny-on his soccer team in the fall there were 6 boys on the team and one of the moms was asking where all the kids went to school to see if they would see each other at school I guess, and out of the 6 kids, 2 of them were doing the same virtural school. This is really moving up. In fact, OHVA where Garet and his team mate are enrolled, is the LARGEST in the nation as of a couple of months ago....so this thing is growing! Much more so than I ever thought it would!! :shock:

Really, I was worried about how it would all go. I thought back to school and some issues that I had (See-I was tested and considered "gifted" in all subjects EXCEPT spelling-and in spelling I actually tested as an LD because my mind just does not grasp it as well as it should. Anyway, the school had not had this issue before-they had "gifted" and they had "LD" but NOT together....so I was tossed around and really made to feel that I did not fit ANYWHERE. I was also a lot like Garet as far as answering in front of the other kids too-I would be afraid to be wrong, but I was afraid to be right too-in my mind either way they would laugh....so I did not talk IN class. Now as an adult, boy can I TALK....ummm, this is proof....) Anyway, we said we would give him kindergarden at home, and see where it went from there. If he did good then GREAT-I would keep going with it. But if it was BAD then we would have to do something else. Since he is learning so well, we will keep going.

That all said, I have had plenty of people tell me how wrong I am for letting him do his school at home, that I am holding him back, that I am not making him face his fears. All I can say to that is-meet this kid and you will know he is NOT behind. And as for the making him deal with his fears, I have pushed. After the boy had push Garet around in Bible school 2 year ago, he was afraid to go to kids church even. I kept making him go. I would go with him, and I sat in the back (I had him plus the younger one with me.) For a LONG time he would sit right beside me in the back of the room. When they would do their crafts and things, he would want me right there. I would. Then I started stepping back more and more. Well, now when he goes to kids church, he goes right up front and plays with the boys. He may not like it, but I always push. Although he still does not want to go to school in a building (and I do offer to let him) he likes doing school where he can do things that other kids would not maybe get to do (he is very interested in sign language so we are going to do lessons in that-could toward school, he is learning something that he might be able to help others with, and it is not offered in the schools around here!), but I think his "fears" are not too bad now.

Sorry I rambled. Guess I am used to the questions about what he does and how it works, so I am getting better at just answering the best I can right off. But feel free to ask away if there are things you still wonder about. Oh-the school also sends a computer and printer. The school is online for older kids, with Garet being in kindergarden I do most with him OFF of the computer, but still have to put in his assessment results for them, and the lesson plans are all there. He also has an actual teacher who talks to him mostly on the phone (they did not have any teachers in this area when he enrolled-now we have 2 that are local- and we can talk to them too if needed). The teacher does work with him on the computer while either talking though the computer or on the phone, so she can see that he is learning and that I am not making up his results too. LOL :lol: She also has online classes once a week per age group so the kids can "talk" online to each other through the program, hear stories, things like that. As the kids get older (jr high & high school, but maybe even earlier) the teachers will actually have classes for subjects where the parents might need more help teaching, and they have a "chalk board" right there to see the teacher wright as she/he talks and all. Really amazing to see it all. You can actually go to the OHVA.org website and see some of it, unless they took it off when they changed their website. Really amazing things....more than I ever thought would happen in my lifetime, I can tell you that! HA (WHY did they not have then when I was in school?!?!?!) I always was one who wondered about kids and how they would get socialization when I heard about people homeschooling-now that we are there I realize how easy the socialization part is! :wink: (It is the other stuff that is a PITA! We did not even DO phonics when I was in school-not like they do now anyway! I am learning all over!! AGH! )

that sounds really awesome, hey if you look back historically, alot of genius' did not go to conventional school because they were bored and it didnt go fast enough for them (I wish I had the same opportunity when I was younger..) It sounds really interesting, I didnt even know they could DO that stuff online!! live teachers and such!! its amazing how far technology has come! Just like you said, its good for him as long as hes doing well!

I was much the same, my mother called me'intense' from right when i popped out, always ahead of my time..still sort of am, but trying to work on living more in the moment and not ahead of myself.

I had the same type of thing when i was in school where i didnt want to answer questions for fear of being wrong (and being made fun of) or answer questions (for fear of being called a smarty pants and hence not being able to chill with certain people) ...I was like that little kid that wore whatever he wanted just to be comfortable, didnt care about what i looked like as long as I was comfortable...though it didnt help my social situation, I guess mom mother said my teacher recognized this once... that I just didnt NEED the attention of other kids, I was content in my corner of the classroom doing introvertial type activities. I love people, but im still battling with trying to keep up with quality friendships and fight my tendency to just want to be home and relax and do introvertial things!...

Its good that you have him in soccer (Im sure his interests will change), support him in whatever he wants to do (as long as its not life-threatening or counter-evolutionary lol)...One thing that might help his confidence is see if he wants to take some karate lessons or other martial arts, Ive always been a talker and not a fighter, but i was picked on when i was a kid alot...then finally won the respect of people in about 7th grade and 8th grade.

I remember I used to be kind of freaked out by bully's but i was one of those kids that was real intense and people knew if they pissed me off Id probably try to bite their head off or something (though it was not the case at all...) but i remember when i had been in karate for a while, this kid tried attacking me on the playground...I didnt even hit him, he maybe tried punching me in the face like 20 times and I blocked each of his shots the way id learned in karate, just on impulse I didnt even have to think about it...no one was even there to see but my dad and his mom, but i felt soooooo cool and confident after that, I actually laughed at the kid because I knew how pissed he was that he couldnt touch me and wanted to so bad, but was then freaked out because i didnt even hit him, just blocked all his shots...so its like what if I DID decide to hit him...the thought of that prob freaked him out an hence he didnt mess with me any more!!

I hate how they label kids in school too...ADD, ADHD, LD, etc....its all B.S.! the label does more harm than anything else because the kid takes a victim mentality...ohh Im dumb I am ADD , cant learn right etc... (ive seen this so much growing up) and use it as an excuse for everything, because no one cares past the label...I say remove all the labels and even out the class ratios so everyone feels that theyre being attended to in the classroom, take more time going over tough subjects, keep the kids attention...then they wont get antsy and not want to sit still (what they call ADD...its just another word for BOARD OF THIS F'ING TEACHER TELLING ME NOTHING USEFUL) lol....

another thing too...I think they could condense what kids learn into like 4 grades...its all just to keep the kids off of the job market longer, they spend another 8 years learning crap that is totally useless in the world, just so they stay off the job market because then itd be flooded and lets say that we actually teach kids what they need to know to survive...then we have them graduating and instead of bagging groceries, they get a REAL job...but this wont happen, because then theyd be competing with people who went to school for 12 years, getting paid more...because they KNOW more about how to survive...

imagine if we actually taught kids all the stuff they needed to know to SURVIVE and prosper in today's society instead of filling them with needless garbage that when you go to your first class in college, they say these exact words (I heard them...infurtiated...with my own ears, in my first class of college)...."I want you all to do something for me today, forget everything you learned in school before now...its all Bullshoite, now you are going to learn REAL information"

blew my mind the things i learned in those first few months about how schools select curriculums and leave so much info out that could really help students...

I could go on forever about this!! Im passionate about education and I think its one of the many things that needs to be changed in our soceity.

kids KNOW they are learning nothing in school...thats why they have now declared WAR against the school system (I just saw today that some 3rd graders plotted to kill their teacher, went as far as to bring handcuffs, a knife, tape, blindfold, sheets to cover window so no one would see, and some other misc crap...)..... then you see kids shooting up eachother at school...Its because of the stress of being in jail...literally, imprisoned and forced to learn something that they KNOW will not benefit them in the future... so WHY are they there?? they cant answer this question because they dont have access to the information to answer it...theyre held back, their minds imprisoned...mind control at its finest...and so now they take up arms against the school system to lash out and SHOW that they will not tolerate it as it stands....some changes need to be made indeed!...and until they happen, we will continue seeing headlines of school shootings, failed teacher assasination attempts. ... and the like....

boggles my mind and makes me seriously want to just become a public speaker and tell everyone what needs to be changed in the system for it to work...I wish I could support myself while doing that, Id pack up and go across country today if I had the means to do it...

Id just have to get all my thoughts in order and propose a plan thats better than the one thats being enacted today...

--------------------------------

Thats cool that they have a graveyard at the arboretum!...thats how i want to be buried when I move on to the next realm...put my body in the ground and plant an oak sapling over me, let it use my nutrients to grow and give more life :)...

Latest posts

Back