Newby from Ohio

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power of suggestion...lol ...alright, I just made a batch of home-made pasta, wrote out a good detail so you can see the process if youd like as well!... its over in the general chat forum!

mmmm I love cooking!

lol-I'll have to go check that out! (pasta)

THis is a strange place we live in, that is for sure. And the wild part is, I am sure our great grandparents, grandparents and all said the same thing....yet these are REALLY crazy times! I did not hear about the 3rd graders but my husband said something last night about it. Simply amazing....

I was really shocked to learn that part of the kindergarten lessons in history were about LEGENDS. Not real things. I KNOW that this was not the case when I was a kid!! HA

Yes, you are forced to learn so much that really just does not matter in the "real world". I see what my cousins kids are studying and I cannot remember ever once using it....or it having a spot in my brain now! HA

You hear that all you really need to know you learn in kindergarten-maybe that has a lot more truth than you think?!

Look at you-ready to change the world-GO FOR IT! :D I may only {caugh, caugh} 10 years older than you, but I do sometimes think that getting married as young as I did took my mind from things in life that I should have worked on more....making changes in life! :?

hey again though...better late than never... you can reach a lot of people nowadays through internet or other means!

I definitely want to make a difference, Im just searching for the right venue at this time..it is HARD!! the jobs I want cant hire because of the economy, and the ones I can work kind of suck for the most part until your in the upper level, which I most likely not be there long enough to achieve, so its like im stuck in limbo!

crazy times indeed, I hope this new presedency changes a lot of things!

Things are pretty bad here too. People are getting layed off and fired all over, companies closing. Really bad. Thankfully husband got a better job over the summer and is a supervisor over the welding dept-THAT company is doing SOOOO good and growing like crazy. Guess it is feast or famine......

You will find something good...sometimes it just takes a while. Ugh.

Welcome mandy93! Once you start reading up on soapmaking techniques and make your first batch - you will be hooked. I remember when I first started I was petrified of mixing up the lye - and it was pure excitement watching the transformation. The internet and forums like this one are wonderful tools in bringing folks together to share knowledge and safety issues. BTW Your little ones are adorable.

IanT - you can roll the tortillas between wax paper. If you do a web search there are a few sites with DIY tortilla presses made from wood. I too am interested in the homemade noodle tutoring.

hey ellen, good idea about the tortillas!! Ill have to try that sometime!!

If you want to look at the tutorial, its over in the general forum...under the thread

cooginadinna with IanT

:)

looks like you are thoroughly enjoying being a registered member now :)

Thanks so much!!

Ugh-was all rady to make my first batch yesterday, and then I found that my scale got broken in our move in Devember and I threw away the stick blender because the motor was acting up! Ugh....so now I have to run to hte store first! :?

He plays soccer too actually! lol He LOVES LOVES LOVES it. HE has practice for that on Thursday with games on Saturday. Then we are starting t-ball this year. So last night was the first night/meeting and let me tell you that was a CLUSTER!! My goodness! So they would only take a MALE coach, and he does not want to do it and cannot be at the Wednesday games from what I heard, so I guess I will be the assistant coach? Got the scoop on what all I need to be teaching, so now I just need to get with the guy who is "coach"and make sure he wants to do things this way, or what. If not then I am not sure what I will do, since he does not know what to coach and does not want to do it anyway.....{sigh} had no idea that it would turn into all of this, that is for sure!! :roll:

Latest posts

Back