Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArcticBanshee

Reaction score
Hello friends!
I just joined this forum, because I just started my soap-making journey a month ago. So far all I have made are MP soaps, because I don’t have adequate ventilation at my place for much else. Taking things slow and enjoying discovering scents, molds, and colors.
I have a background in cosmetology, but I never finished schooling to get my license. However, my current industry is being licensed in property & casualty insurance. I deal with business insurance every day, and so I am keenly aware of how careful one should be when one opens their own business.

For now, soap is just a hobby. :)

Glad to be here!

Welcome to the soapy fun!

Regarding ventilation, unless you have serious breathing issues, the stove fan is usually sufficient for avoiding fumes when mixing lye solution. I actually mix mine out on the back patio because I do large master-batches. Before then, I mixed individual solutions in my kitchen sink and just kept my face back away from the container and the fumes. HTH!

Hi Arctic! I am a newbie as well. I don't have a big fancy space to make soap either. I just do it in my kitchen, and like a previous post said, the oven vent is just fine. I tuck my nose in my shirt for a minute and it is gone. It is really not that bad at all. Good luck with your soap!! I find the colors and fragrances to be fascinating as well. I was really nervous the first time I made a CP soap, but I loved it. I also love melt and pour. There are a lot of awesome things you can do with it that you will never be able to do with CP soap. It is a different medium. The important thing is that you are loving what you do.

Back