Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

ArcticBanshee

Reaction score
Hello friends!
I just joined this forum, because I just started my soap-making journey a month ago. So far all I have made are MP soaps, because I don’t have adequate ventilation at my place for much else. Taking things slow and enjoying discovering scents, molds, and colors.
I have a background in cosmetology, but I never finished schooling to get my license. However, my current industry is being licensed in property & casualty insurance. I deal with business insurance every day, and so I am keenly aware of how careful one should be when one opens their own business.

For now, soap is just a hobby. :)

Glad to be here!

Reaction score
Welcome to the soapy fun!

Regarding ventilation, unless you have serious breathing issues, the stove fan is usually sufficient for avoiding fumes when mixing lye solution. I actually mix mine out on the back patio because I do large master-batches. Before then, I mixed individual solutions in my kitchen sink and just kept my face back away from the container and the fumes. HTH!

missbipbip

Reaction score
Hi Arctic! I am a newbie as well. I don't have a big fancy space to make soap either. I just do it in my kitchen, and like a previous post said, the oven vent is just fine. I tuck my nose in my shirt for a minute and it is gone. It is really not that bad at all. Good luck with your soap!! I find the colors and fragrances to be fascinating as well. I was really nervous the first time I made a CP soap, but I loved it. I also love melt and pour. There are a lot of awesome things you can do with it that you will never be able to do with CP soap. It is a different medium. The important thing is that you are loving what you do.