Newbie with questions on packaging m&p

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicci

Reaction score
I am such a newbie I don't even have all my supplies yet. I am wondering how you lovely folks package your melt and pour soaps. Are there rules for what types of things they can be packaged in?
Also, do I need a particular computer program and paper to make lables? I am not at all computer literate but assume that everyone prints their own lables. It's so nice to feel I have a great place to go for help and such wonderful people willing to help me. I've bee lerking for a while and decided to take the plunge. Thank you in advance. Vicci :?

Welcome to the forum Vicci
I do not make M&P very often but when I do I wrap it in shrink wrap. For my labels I use a program called Label Factory Deluxe. There are many different programs out there for labels, some do labels as well as other types of projects.

M&P ddoes need to be paceked air tight or it will shriver &/or attract moisture from the air & get sticky. YOu can use shrink wrap as mentioned above or yo can wrap it snuggly in saran wrap or drop them down into cello bags & tie them shut.

You do nt want to wrap M&P in paper or fabric unless you wrap it in saran first. They will stick to paper, fabric, etc.

I use an art program called corel. It runs 2-4 hundred dollars for the newst version which is 14, but I just picked up abrand new version 12 on ebay for 50. There is nothing wrong w/ making your own labels by hand either with scrapbooking paper & pretty ribbon or buying blank address labels & using them.

I got lables from Planet Lable and they where good. You just donw load the templet from them. Only thing first time I used it the templet is square or oblong and the lable I was making was Oval, so I had to do a little ajusting, but they work great.I have them on my desk top so any time I need to make some lables I just click and change what i want.Delynn

Back