Newbie.... Used an aluminum mold! Help please?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiffany S. Pifer

Reaction score
Help, can't get my melt and pour soap out of my aluminum mold. Yes I'm new. I am sure my temps are all wrong and everything just wonder how do u get it out? I didn't use a liner, and was singing it.... Newbie....

Try to place it in the freezer for few hours, then take it out, turn mold upside down and pound lightly with your hand on the back of the mold ,,this should work, didn't work !! wrap a towel around a hevy object and start pounding on the back of the mold.
Desclaimer: might ruin the mold.

but aluminum and soap are a VERY bad combo.
For CP yes because of the toxic and caustic nature of the lye reaction to it, but with M&P the main downfall is as the OP has found out, there is no give and you can't get the soap out.
Z gave some good advice. freeze, bang, wrap, bang until it's out, then you have a lesson learned. If it still doen't come out, you can take a heat gun and heat the soap and pour it out and remold it in a better suited mold for M&P.

For CP yes because of the toxic and caustic nature of the lye reaction to it, but with M&P the main downfall is as the OP has found out, there is no give and you can't get the soap out.
Z gave some good advice. freeze, bang, wrap, bang until it's out, then you have a lesson learned. If it still doen't come out, you can take a heat gun and heat the soap and pour it out and remold it in a better suited mold for M&P.

Makes sense. I've never done CP or M&P. :)

I have no idea how to get it out ... but aluminum and soap are a VERY bad combo. Just glad it's melt and pour and not CPHP. :)

Thank you for responding. I'll never do it again. Lol, I popped them in the fridge about an hour, went around edges with a butter knife....and they came out alright. First pour, I'll use silicon from now on.

Attachments

• 20191231_121413.jpg
    20191231_121413.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back