Newbie Soaper

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandiebrown65

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am very happy to be here. My daughter and I started sudsing after I received a soap making kit from my husband for Christmas. I don't think he realised what he was starting! I am now obsessed and have moved on to CP soaping. We have also started making other bath products which I imagine is quite common once you begin. I have a science background and worked in a wet lab most of my career until the last 10 years. I miss the work a lot and find that the chemistry aspect of soap making to be really fun. I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here. Thanks for having me :)

Hello Everyone,
I am very happy to be here. My daughter and I started sudsing after I received a soap making kit from my husband for Christmas. I don't think he realised what he was starting! I am now obsessed and have moved on to CP soaping. We have also started making other bath products which I imagine is quite common once you begin. I have a science background and worked in a wet lab most of my career until the last 10 years. I miss the work a lot and find that the chemistry aspect of soap making to be really fun. I am really looking forward to learning as much as I can from everyone here. Thanks for having me :)
Sounds like you'll fit in great around here! Welcome!

Hello Everyone,
Hello, I also added a few things to my list. I make shower melts, bath bombs and scrubs. I make these because they are ready immediately (3days for melts and bombs) and it is something I can do while my soaps are curing. Makes sense to me lol.

Welcome! I also quickly expanded into additional bath products. Mud masks were an easy one for me to include, since I already have the clays and botanicals in stock to color and decorate my soaps.

Welcome.gif

I have a science background and worked in a wet lab most of my career until the last 10 years. I miss the work a lot and find that the chemistry aspect of soap making to be really fun.
You might enjoy browsing through soap-science guru, @DeeAnna 's Soapy Stuff. ;) :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back