newbie soap questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I noticed around March I had acne on my arms, and probably on my back too. I'm always scratching those same areas. I've been using some cheap body wash from Walmart for the past 2-3 years and this problem has only recently developed, that I'm aware of. So I decided I wanted to make my own soap, and see if this helps my situation at all. I'm sure it's got to be cheaper, and more effective than buying some soap designed for my skin.

I'm completely new to soap making, and I'm looking for more than just a recipe to get started. For instance, the benefits of the different oils, exfoliants, etc.

two sites I can recommend to you are millersoap.com (start here) then soapcalc.net.

I started soaping because of my kids' eczema (now gone) so I feel your pain! good luck.

green clay is supposed to help acne because it balance acidity levels.
I would also recommend jojoba

soapbuddy said:
Soapmaking can be an expensive hobby for you, but your skin will thank you for it.

Ditto what soapbuddy said. Most of us got into soapmaking for the same reasons, & quickly wondered how to make this necessary hobby pay for itself. :lol:

carebear said:
two sites I can recommend to you are millersoap.com (start here) then soapcalc.net.

I started soaping because of my kids' eczema (now gone) so I feel your pain! good luck.

That's why I started making soap too! Well first when pregnant with my 3rd I developed super sensitive skin. That's when I started. Well then my baby was born and shortly after developed bad eczema and so I ditched the baby johnson and johnson and only use my oatmeal soap on him. No more eczema.

Latest posts

Back