Newbie Soap Pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiCi

Reaction score
I soaped my first batch on 3/31 and made one batch, each night, for the last five nights. Here they are:

This is my Red Clay Soap

P1010002.jpg

This is Green Apple. Soon as I added lye to the oils, I got big globs. They didn't all melt or smoosh and this is how they turned out in the soap. Soap is pretty good, however. Got ash, too.

P1010004.jpg

This is my Hippie Daze Soap. Cool "Funkadelic" Swirls

P1010007.jpg

Same pic, few different sides of soap.

P1010008.jpg

This is an acne bar I made for my grandson. Tea Tree & Euc

P1010012.jpg

I just poured this one last night. Haven't unmolded it, yet.

P1010006-1.jpg

very nice soaps!! how much red clay was that per pound of oils?? I use those red rubber molds tooo!!! how funny!!

beautiful job!
I love the swirls too!!

mine is smaller though but its cool to see someone else using them! I found the edges to be a little flimsy so I propped it up in a box but theyre real easy to unmold since theyre flexible!

Thanks. I really have to get a beveler and planer. I think I told you in another post how horrid the soaps look after I start trimming them. My poor Hippie soaps really suffered, as you can see.

I used about two heaping tablespoons of clay, ppo, and these were two pound batches.

wow! your soaps look amazing!
I have just started too, but nothing I've made is anything like as impressive, kudos to you! I'm afraid I'm still at the the amateur, rustic looking stage, and I can't get the smells strong enough either.
hey ho! 8)

Wow, those are amazing!

I haven't mustered up the courage to swirl this early; I'm still in the stage where I'm experimenting with various oil formulas. :?

--Metal Substance

Thank you all. The Hippie Daze soaps will be my signature soaps in pattern and style.

Retro, when do you add your scents? I add mine just before I pour and they have really held up strong. So strong that I'm thinking on cutting back on the amount I add. I have been adding 1oz ppo. I think I may cut back to .7.

CiCi;
Your soaps are Beautiful. I especially like the last Photo how the
light sparkles on the swirls. The color of the Hippie daze is a very
nice effect. I prefer 1oz. pp of Fragrance because of out gassing
over time. Super Job on the color!

Excellent swirls cici!!!! I especially like the use of the silicone ware....never thought about that!! Great job! k

hi cici, i add mine just before moulding too, but only dropwise!!! no where near enough. I'll try again next weekend. the last batch looks good, but the smell is faint.
practise, practise, practise.......... :?

Thank you all!

WFP, LOL, glad to know they could be passable looking like that. I guess some folks really go for that rustic look. I think it will have to grow on me.

Woodi, yep I'm having fun. I find more excuses to wash my hands. I love seeing the lather and knowing I made it. It's going to be a lot of fun exploring and seeing what I can come up with.

I like the Hippie Daze. Of course I'm kinda partial to purple. If I see something purple I buy it, whether I need it or not, it's purple so gotta have it.

LaurieH

Great swirls!! Gotta say Hippie Daze is my favorite, too.

Digit

Thank you, thank you and thank you. You want to hear something funny? I took some of my soaps to work to show them to my work buddies. They absolutely loved them, so I got a knife and cut 1/2 inch slices and gave them to them, telling them they are still curing and shouldn't be used until the cure is complete. They are going to test them for me. Anyway, I left the knife and the slices in an area behind my desk (I have a large cube) and I left the office to go out into the field. Earlier, one of the girls told me, "They look so much like food. I hope nobody eats it." So, I put a note, big as day, by the slices that said, "HANDMADE SOAP. DO NOT EAT". I left the office. When I came back someone asked me if I had heard what happened and I told her I hadn't. Well, one of the guys who is always hunting around the office for food saw the soap in my cube. The guy who sits next to me told him,"Have some brownies." The other guy walked over looked at it and said to the other,"They aren't brownies, stupid. It's fudge." If anyone knows people who wear or carry badges, you will know we have a warped sense of humor. Anyway, he then sliced a chunk and bit off half of it. The other guy is laughing so hard he is trying not to pee his pants. He laughed so loud and so hard, the higher ups came to see what was going on. They thought they were going to have to give the guy that was laughing CPR, he was laughing so hard. Well, that event spread all over the building. One of the Captains across the hall asked him later,"Want some fudge?" It just went on all day. They took the soap he bit out of and propped it in the mouth of one of those real alligator heads from Louisiana and took a photo of it and made a caption that said, "Louisiana fudge". It was hilarious. Now everybody is coming by my desk and wanting to see my soap. There were inquiries about me selling it and someone tried to buy some. I told them I would not be selling soap for a long time and that I had given samples to my cube buds, who will be my testers, along with my family. It's nice to know that I may have an audience some time in the future.

Back