Newbie questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opalgirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just started making soap and I love it. Do I have to let melt and pour glycerin soaps cure? If so how long? Also, I've read that adding stearic acid will help harden the soap. How much do I add to a 1lb batch? Is it necessary to wrap white glycerin soap in plastic wrap? I would like to present the soap with just pretty paper.

Thanks,
Opalgirl

opalgirl said:
Hi all,

I just started making soap and I love it. Do I have to let melt and pour glycerin soaps cure? If so how long? Also, I've read that adding stearic acid will help harden the soap. How much do I add to a 1lb batch? Is it necessary to wrap white glycerin soap in plastic wrap? I would like to present the soap with just pretty paper.

Thanks,
Opalgirl

I add a tbs of olive oil just one because too much oil in mp will make it crumbly. All mp soaps need to be wrapped in plastic wrap. I stopped my obsession for mp and started making rebatched soap! Basically I substituted one obsession for another.

M&P does not have to cure. It's better to wrap them in plastic to keep them from drawing moisture and getting all (for lack of better word because it's late...) icky. :lol:

Latest posts

Back