Newbie question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellynewbie

Reaction score
Hi all
It was wondering how long should I leave mnp and cp to cure before using or selling and how long until I should shrink wrap the soaps. Ty

Melt and Pour soap can be used as soon as it's cool then you want to wrap right away, so in a few hours after you pour it. CP & HP needs a cure of no less than 4 weeks (I like 6-8 weeks). I wrap when cure is done.

I know it sounds terrible when the "old timers" here tell folks to wait a year before selling.
My own experience has been that the soaps I was making and liking 6 months ago I no longer think are all that good. What I am able to produce now is SOOO much better soap there's just no real comparison.

That said I am still learning a great deal, I'm not as yet interested in selling but now I can see that I am at least a year out from making any real decision along those lines.

I agree with you Steve. I wouldn't say the soaps I made at first were bad, but they were no where near as good as soap made 6 months, 12 months, 18 months etc later. I had considered the possibility of begin to think about selling end of last year. I'm now thinking I will think about it again at the end of this year. I have pretty much settled on my "perfect" recipe but I still think there is alot for me to learn before I make the leap to selling. Also there is the time factor involved with selling. Right now I'm happy to be a hobbyist and just load up my family and friends with soaps.

Hi I'm not planning on selling cp soap for. Very long time
I may however sell melt and pour soap in my daughters shop some time

Latest posts

Back