Newbie / Product where to find..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in the world do you live, ? that will determine the answers you get.

I'm presuming you are in Australia, while I haven't used that brand it's says it's for soap making on the front. You can also buy Mechanics brand in any Coles stores in the cleaning isle.

As for palm oil - what state are you in ?

Last edited:
Where in the world do you live, ? that will determine the answers you get.

I'm presuming you are in Australia, while I haven't used that brand it's says it's for soap making on the front. You can also buy Mechanics brand in any Coles stores in the cleaning isle.

As for palm oil - what state are you in ?
Hello lm from Cranbourne Victoria 50 km from Melbourne, l read on Forum just before you can use Glitz from your Bunnings store, now for palm oil which l like to buy between 2-5 litres...

As suggested by Relle, Robyn's is close to where you are in Cranbourne.

Robyn and her hubby have nearly always got some in stock to pick up (they carry NaOH, and sell KOH by the kilo too).
Very friendly service, nice people, they also run market stalls and, like a lot of soapers, are happy to chat soap too :).

Hello lm from Cranbourne Victoria 50 km from Melbourne, l read on Forum just before you can use Glitz from your Bunnings store, now for palm oil which l like to buy between 2-5 litres...

Glitz is from Pascoe's in WA, and with a quick look at the MSDS, their caustic is NICNAS compliant (you can use it for soaping).

Welcome to the forum! The majority of us are in the US, so you might find it helpful to add your location to your profile (like Salted Fig has done.) also, you might get more info if you title your post something like "Aussie Newbie looking for supplies".

Welcome to the forum! The majority of us are in the US, so you might find it helpful to add your location to your profile (like Salted Fig has done.) also, you might get more info if you title your post something like "Aussie Newbie looking for supplies".
Thankyou

Hello can anyone help me with 1st time making coldpress soap have all the utensils scale thermometer pots ect..
l no where to get palm oil olive lye coconut oil, the rest lm not to sure like mica rubbing alcohol ect..

Also when lm looking for advice do l go type here...

Sarah

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends - if your question is really not related to this topic, I would post a new thread in the right section. That way people who might not come in to this section (or who know that this thread relates to Australia suppliers and they don't read it anymore) will see your new question. If it is about supplies in general in Australia, I think it's not bad to post it here

You can get good scales (double digits) from electronic shops (like JayCar - theirs are good and reliable). Anything in whole numbers isn't going to be sensitive enough for measuring your hydroxide. For smaller amounts you could use jewellers scales or the sort of sensitive mobile scales you can pick up in some "tobacconist" shops (the ones that stock smoking equipment).

If you need some specific soaping recipe questions answered, or even just a place to ask general questions, you can create a thread in the beginners section (you should get some terrific advice!) - it will get the attention of experienced soapers there.

A read of the stickies is also very useful: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/forums/beginners-soap-making-forum.47/

Good luck & welcome!

Back