Newbie my 1st CP SOAP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niclycha

Reaction score
Hi all, OK this is my 1st Cold Process Loaf....eeee, I have been reading some forums and probably watched 1000 hours of YouTube videos and THOUGHT I felt like I knew kinda what I was doing.
Aghhhh...
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Nature's Garden to make the basic
BASTILLE OLIVE OIL SOAP
2 LB BATCH
but I watched so many videos of swirls and techniques and decided to try. ..I used
Bonfire Bliss from Rustic Escentuals
Da Bomb Soap Dye
Vanillin Stabilizer
I am from Louisiana, close to LSU
so I made my dividers with an old political sign to do the Taiwan Swirl
My batter THICKENED FAST. ..LOL
My (supposed to be purple came out pink) I don't know how because I used like 6 drops of BLUE and only 2 drops of red. ..
So it came out Pink and Yellow and Batter. ..here it is. ..
And my leftovers after scraping all the mush off of everything
Whew! I need much more practice lol
Here it is waiting to mold
My leftovers
My dividers, I had to plop it into those little bitty skinny dividers and scrape it down the walls lol.

1458105337624.jpg

1458105363955.jpg

1458105579116.jpg

1458105656448.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is still a nice pink, especially for an accident! What was your recipe? Did you soap at a warm temperature? Just wondering why it moved fast for you

Looks good though.

Ps, please don't post multiple posts separately. Make one big post

I will post pics tomorrow after I unmold and cut it....eeee I'm scared it's going to look ugly but soap is soap right, I can always rebatch it if it comes out looking bad

niclycha, can you please put your pics in the Photo Gallery when it is cut.

Your soaps look really nice in the mold, waiting to see it cut. Just a little hint. Save your money on Stabilizer, it will not help in the long run. Stabilizer may or may not help for a short while, but with discoloring fo's it will still turn and you are adding in a chemical. Most like to avoid chemicals in their soaps.

Yay it's turning purple
OK efficacious gentleman, it was only showing 1 pic, I was thinking the forum wouldn't let me post more than one at a time, sry about that yall, this was my first time posting here
I used the Bastille olive oil recipe from nature's garden, my lye water was 105 and oils were 100. I think maybe I stick blended too long idk lol.
Relle yep surely will post after I cut tomorrow. I'm looking for one of the wire cutters 2nd hand. I have a cheese slicer, do you think that'll work for now, I quickly learned it doesn't work with MP LOL
OK cmzaha that's good to know glad I bought a small bottle

1458112899896.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back