Newbie in need of help with hp soap...Please

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbs

Reaction score
Hi i made a batch of hp soap in the crock pot receipe i used was
3oz sweet almond oil
3oz caster oil
3oz cocoa butter
10oz coconut oil
12oz olive pomace oil
9oz palm oil
15.2oz water
5.579 lye

I added 3 tablespoons of shea butter at the end of cook, i didnt include this in the soapcalc.

Iused the soapcalc and did a 6% superfat discount.
I put it into pot on high and bleanded it to med trace stired after 10-15 mins left it for another 10 min and stired again, after another 10 mins it looked like kinda curdled i was socked and stired it but it didnt come togeather, i then stick blended it and it came togeather i put lid back on and left for a little while it then became like vaserline i tested it with ph strip and was about 8 so think it was done. i added fragrance and it was a bit thick so added a few tbsp of warm water, added the colour gave it a good mix then put it into the mould. next day its stuck in the mould cant get it out and still seems really soft. have a ruined this soap. I really wanted a nice moisturising soap. :cry:

Give it another day to evaporate the extra water. I've done a few HP batches but am in no way an expert, but you may just have used too much extra oils and water. I'm guessing it'll be fine, just needs extra time to harden.

How long did you cook it? Did you use a crock pot or something else? What kind of mold did you use? You may not have ruined your soap, but we don't haven quite enough information to help. Can you post a picture of it?

hi ive read that soap made with several oz. of olive oil take longer to set up &longer cure time,i did a similar batch today &the recipe also had palm kernal oil ,for hardness&lather ,give it a couple of days mavbe it will turn out

Hi i cooked in a crock pot for about 45 mins i ph tested it it was at 8. I used a plastic clip box for a mould. Ive put it into the freezer last night but it is still not budging from this mould. I will try leaving it.
I have posted a piccie.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Dont think my piccies gone on. i'v given it a few goes. ive browsed my piccies found it n submitted. so dont think i can put on piccie. :(

hi again did you grease your mold with crisco or vaseline,this also helps release &after cook add 1oz,sunflower oil & stir ,check out www.teachsoap.com for a recipe &instructions,i have used it &its a great hp recipe

Try copy and pasting the address to your picture from the address bar. Don't worry about using the img tags, just post the link =)

Photo of my soap

004.jpg

WOW done it posted link for my photo Lol :lol:

Finally out of the mould!

Managed to get it out of the mould now, it still feels very soft but ive cut it up and an hoping it will harden up. I will just leave it now, fingers crossed. It smells lovely, its fragranced with voodoo love. :)

Latest posts

Back