Newbie here with a few questions!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rebecca,

That's great that things are getting better. As long as you keep on your school work then things should remain relatively stress free. (Gak! I probably sound like your mom...sorry! :lol: )

I'll go look for your post on your first batch and leave a comment. Heh heh. :twisted:

You don't have to be too particular about your oils and lye being the same temp. I just make sure mine are with in 10-15 degrees of each other and it's worked out fine. Now if I'm wrong about this, I hope someone steps in and corrects me. But I haven't had any problems doing it this way.

Yes, the essential oils can fade during a cure and they can disappear all together. Citrus scents are the worst for fading. I've had good luck with retaining citrus scents in CP so I guess I've been lucky. There was a discussion awhile back about anchoring scents. I don't remember if someone gave you the link. You may have already seen the discussion, too.

http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewto ... =anchoring

Latest posts

Back