Newbie from Nova Scotia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy G

Reaction score
Hi. Not real computer literate....this is the first forum i ever tried. I may have posted already😬. Anyway have made 2 batches of cold process soap. Both are starting to cure. Striving for less reliance on commerce and more self satisfaction with our life style. Will be gifting and making for us. We turned our front yard onto gardens and raise and preserve most of our veggies. Have chickens for eggs ( and meat but coming up on a year and they are all still here😊). Anyway i love science and am fascinated by the soap making process. Eager to learn from all of you. Thank you for accepting me. I'm especially interested in the best place in Canada to order oils. ☺️N

Welcome! I have found NewDirections in Ontario to be a good source for most oils. Shipping is costly- I’m in Alberta and I cringe at the shipping charges. Maybe you will find something better in the Maritmes. Costco is the best I’ve found for coconut and olive oils.

Welcome! Made my heart skip a beat when I saw Nova Scotia. My family is from Bras d’Or, Cape Breton.

Back