Newbie from NE by way of CA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnez

What if I....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm a newbie with a creative bent and a hankering for making something. Back in CA I used to have a shop available to build things like furniture but now my space is quite constrained. Being I'm a wetshaver and am already quite interested in different soaps and their qualities, the world of soap making is definitely right up my alley. As is per usual I spent quite a lot of time reading all over the internet....and man it's overwhelming. I've decided to settle down and troll around in one space till I find a recipe I can be comfortable trying and working on. Currently interested in bathsoaps and shaving soaps, nothing too fancy, and willing to learn. Anyway, great forum you have here!

Welcome, John!

IrishLass :)
Hello Irish Lass, I just saw your post on a shave soap without stearic acid from 2015. So great to see you're still posting! I've a similar goal in avoiding palm oil and stearic acid.

There are quite a few wet shavers among us. Use the magnifying glass icon on the top right menu to search "shave soap" to read interesting threads on the subject. It has been discussed many times.

You may also find this thread to be helpful for getting started:

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/hello-very-new-here.79701/#post-832582

Wow this is an amazing treasure trove of a thread, thank you for sharing it with me/all of us. The lye being found at a hardware store is a great tip in itself and I never even thought of milk cartons for molding. I think I can source everything locally for the first few batches now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back