Newbie from Maine

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlemissjellyfish

Reaction score
Just wanted to say Hi! I'm new to soapmaking and am so glad I found this forum! I've made about 8 batches of soap so far and it is an addiction. I started making soap because I was buying it online at $8.00 a bar and it was getting too expensive. I figured "how hard can it be to make soap?" and boy was I surprised to find out everything that went into it. I was also shocked to discover how much I loved the chemistry involved in cold process soapmaking (and I'm not very good at math) Right now my goals are to learn from my mistakes and try to make my soap prettier. My biggest goof was my Pink Himalayan Salt & Grapefruit Soap. I added too much salt (50%) and not a fine enough grain. It smells awesome and is nice for the feet, but scratches badly if used on the body. (I know first hand what the saying "rub salt into the wound" really means!) Today I unmolded my Campfire S'mores soap and it started crumbling in spots when I cut it. So here I am, searching for answers. It's really nice to be part of a community of fellow soapmakers.

Yeah, I know about that foot soap! I have a couple of soaps I labeled as foot soap for that very reason! I told my SIL, yes it's good for exfoliating dry skin on your feet, but you won't want to use on the the softer bits.

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Back