Newbie: Candle & Soap Making Kit?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmeaa04

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this whole shebang, and I was wondering if there was any good, reliable candle/soap making kits? I don't want to jump all the way in without being able to try it out first. So I was wondering if there were some good starter kits anyone would recommend.
I happened across one on CandleScience.com, but while I think the website is credible, and the review weren't at all bad, I'm just not certain if I should go with that.
Any thoughts?

I happened across one on CandleScience.com, but while I think the website is credible, and the review weren't at all bad, I'm just not certain if I should go with that.
Any thoughts?
Most reputable candle suppliers will have good candlemaking kits. Candle Science is a very reputable supplier so you won't go wrong with them.
With you being in NM the shipping shouldn't be too bad. Just figure out what you want to do first, and get the kit that coordinates with that, and learn as much as you can with that type of wax/candle before introducing a different type of wax/candle.
Trust me, learning candlemaking is, IMO, much harder than trying to learn how to soap.
Testing is the key!

The problem I've always found with soapmaking kits though, is the kits are almost always geared toward M&P, or they never include a quality mold, if it's a "cp" kit the oils don't come separate, so IMO, there is rarely learning opportunities with soap kits.

However - The one that dixiedragon posted from Brambleberry looks to be a good one. I don't normally order from them, so don't know how the kit is, but I've always gotten quality ingredients from them when I have ordered from them.

Back