Newbie šŸ˜±

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

posypatch

Reaction score
Hey lovely crafty folk. I'm fairly new to soapmaking and am currently practicing to hone my craft. I'm thinking of making a Halloween soap and was wondering if I can put soap sprinkles into my soap batter. (I'm planning of it being completely black with Halloween soap sprinkles??? Anyone have any ideas or inspiration for a newbie. šŸ¤£

I think they would melt inside the soap, but I know many soapers do put them on top. For inside the soap, your best bet will be to embed soap shavings of different colors for the look you want to achieve.

Welcome, PosyPatch!

Putting soap sprinkles in your batter is perfectly fine. :thumbs: I've done that lots of times with M&P sprinkles/shavings or regular CP shavings/sprinkles. They don't melt, even though I soap warm and fully gel.

IrishLass :)

Just a quick question on the sprinkles. You get melt & pour suspension soap which make your sprinkles float in the middle. If i was to one day do cold process soap, do you need some sort of additive to make your sprinkle suspend in it?

Latest posts

Back