Quantcast

Newbie 😱

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

posypatch

Reaction score
Hey lovely crafty folk. I'm fairly new to soapmaking and am currently practicing to hone my craft. I'm thinking of making a Halloween soap and was wondering if I can put soap sprinkles into my soap batter. (I'm planning of it being completely black with Halloween soap sprinkles??? Anyone have any ideas or inspiration for a newbie. 🤣

Megan

Reaction score
I think they would melt inside the soap, but I know many soapers do put them on top. For inside the soap, your best bet will be to embed soap shavings of different colors for the look you want to achieve.

Megan

Reaction score
Sorry, I realize, I had thought you said real sprinkles. Soap sprinkles should work fine.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome, PosyPatch!

Putting soap sprinkles in your batter is perfectly fine. :thumbs: I've done that lots of times with M&P sprinkles/shavings or regular CP shavings/sprinkles. They don't melt, even though I soap warm and fully gel.

IrishLass :)

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Welcome! I too have done this with no issues. I gel all my soaps and I think it helps make things stick together.

Soaparonie

Reaction score
Just a quick question on the sprinkles. You get melt & pour suspension soap which make your sprinkles float in the middle. If i was to one day do cold process soap, do you need some sort of additive to make your sprinkle suspend in it?

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
You might try using colored jojoba beads, instead. Although, I think they would probably work better in M&P soap.