newb newb newb! :D

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauxrealz

Reaction score
i'm really glad i found this place :D i've been lurking for a bit and all of you seem very nice, thats awesome to see.

i've been dreaming of creating dreadlock (dreads have particular needs) friendly soaps. i know, it sounds silly. i've been a wearer of dreads for many years now ... and i wanted good for you soap that delivers smells as well! most of the dreadlock products out there are pretty plain and boring.

(to dispel any myths dreadlocks do need to washed! naturally, clean hair knots up better)

i'm hoping to learn a bunch!

sadly i cant even begin soap making because i gotta move about 1900 miles before i start, ahhh moving.

but i dream! day and night. meanwhile i'll just be envious of you all!

fauxrealz said:
i've been dreaming of creating dreadlock (dreads have particular needs) friendly soaps. i know, it sounds silly.
Doesn't sound silly to me, sounds like a possible niche. We all strive to find one, maybe you found yours.
Welcome to the forum.

dragonfly princess said:
Ok gotta see some pics of the locks! :)

hah, ok. they're almost two years old ... they were my natural brown, then pink and now, purple with black tips. this was right after i dyed them, and the color is so bright its kinda hard to distinguish each lock.

purps1.jpg

Hi, so glad you came out of the shadows and are posting! Cool. 8) Welcome to our friendly forum. :wink: You will be appreciated and feel safe here as you are among family.

Paul :wink:

Soapmaker Man said:
Hi, so glad you came out of the shadows and are posting! Cool. 8) Welcome to our friendly forum. :wink: You will be appreciated and feel safe here as you are among family.

Paul :wink:

aww! haha. thanks :D

There is a need for this type soaps...and other things for dreads! I've had several inquiries for soaps and oils but I know nothing about them and could not even point them in any direction! I hope you are successful in this quest :!:

fauxrealz said:
i'm really glad i found this place :D i've been lurking for a bit and all of you seem very nice, thats awesome to see.

i've been dreaming of creating dreadlock (dreads have particular needs) friendly soaps. i know, it sounds silly. i've been a wearer of dreads for many years now ... and i wanted good for you soap that delivers smells as well! most of the dreadlock products out there are pretty plain and boring.

(to dispel any myths dreadlocks do need to washed! naturally, clean hair knots up better)

i'm hoping to learn a bunch!

sadly i cant even begin soap making because i gotta move about 1900 miles before i start, ahhh moving.

but i dream! day and night. meanwhile i'll just be envious of you all!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!! I have a fellow dread!!! :) (well now Im a dreadlock in disguise! lol...had to cut them but convictions keep strong :) )

what made you decide to grow them!??

for me it was spiritual purposes:)

welcome natty!

Waving! Welcome to the forum!

I'm the mom of a son who wore dreadlocks for years!!! He's now dad to 2 kids. My granddaughter has the perfect hair for dreads, but her step mom won't allow it. She's a hairdresser!! :lol:

Back