New!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mzpickles84

Reaction score
Hello I'm Jenna, and I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months now, soaking in all of the information from all of you experts. I swear I spent about 6 months pouring through how to properly do cold process, play with SoapCalc, etc. before I felt brave enough to start. I've made three batches so far (one of them Zany's Castille recipe) and so far all have turned out performing like...well..soap! So I guess that is a good start!

I live in Indiana with my husband, energetic 5 year old, and not-so-springy English Springer Spaniel Millie.

Olive/Cocoa Butter/Coconut/Castor Oil soap with Lush's Twilight/Sleepy fragrance dupe:
image0.jpeg

Zany's Saltwater Castille (I used an Olive Oil/Coconut/Castor Oil variation) scented with Nurture's Awaken fragrance:
image1.jpeg

Brambleberry Gentle Quick Mix (my first 1st soap w/ premade oil mix) scented with 10x Orange essential oil:
image2.jpeg

Welcome, mzpickles. Lovely bright color on your top soap photo.

It's funny, your name brings to mind a lady we met once in my youth when camping with my family. She said to call her pickles, but my mom was horrified we would call an adult woman by such a nickname, even if she told us to. To my parents, kids did not address adults that way.

Of course, they seemed to have forgotten it was okay for us to call our UncleBernie, Uncle Bonedy. But he was family, after all, and the pickles lady was a stranger met on a camping trip.

Thank you everyone!

Earlene, I remember a family friend from my childhood that would come and tell us stories about the history of our childhood home (it was an old Victorian house). My brothers and I would call him Mr. Pickles, though that certainly wasn't his real name! My user name is a random name I made when playing online games with my husband and son. He's Mr. Pickles, i'm Ms. Pickles, and my son is Gherkin.

Back