New yarn arrived!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, that sounds like a plan to me! I took advantage of the buy one get one free deal, and got the Tristano and the Elizabeth patterns. Maybe we should try the Tristano, since Deedles already has experience with that one and could help us both if we get stuck. I always thought shawls sounded like something an old lady would wear, but these beautiful, lacy things don't look old lady-like at all! My girlfriend has a three season room, and I can picture her reading there in the cooler weather, with one of these wrapped around her shoulders. I'd love to be able to make it for her. I'm hoping the work on the house gets started soon, I'm getting really antsy, but the contractor doesn't seem to be in as much of a rush as I am. Grrrrrrrr!!!

I meant the above, as a reply to you, TeresaT :D

Last edited:
Really? Advanced beginner? That gives me hope that I may actually be able to do something like this. I haven't tried charts yet, either. I'm always intimidated by them, so it's good to know that the written instructions are included. I'd like to try using the chart, knowing that the instructions were there for back up. O.K., I'm going back to grab a couple. Still busy with all the house stuff, but looking forward to when its all done, and I have time for the fun stuff again! You'll probably be hearing from me when I do get around to it, thanks for the offer of help! :-D

OK...if you haven't tried charts at all, let me suggest you start with her Ashton Shawlette. It's beautiful, free and it was the first one I did to learn to read charts. But then again, all her charts are easy to I don't think it matters. After all, every knitted project is done just one stitch at a time!

If ya'll get stuck somewhere I'll try to help.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Last edited:
OK...if you haven't tried charts at all, let me suggest you start with her Ashton Shawlette. It's beautiful, free and it was the first one I did to learn to read charts.

Oh and BTW....she's having a BOGO sale right now!

I had actually downloaded the Ashton directions some time last year. Nice to know that's a good starting place.....and it's beautiful, too. And yes, I did take advantage of her 2 for 1 sale, because I can never pass up a good sale. My fingers are starting to itch!

Marilyn.....do I know you from Knitting Paradise?!?! :p DeeKnits here.

This is one of my lace shawls and my bike, Gertie....both close to my heart!

Tris-Rojo-3_zpsb820338a.jpg
Dee, I don't remember Knitting Paradise, unless it was that dream I had. Where is it? I could have just forgot if it's been a while.

Dee, I don't remember Knitting Paradise, unless it was that dream I had. Where is it? I could have just forgot if it's been a while.

It's a knitting forum that I go to. One of the members is named Marilyn something and also soaps. I thought it might be you!

Hey, that sounds like a plan to me! I took advantage of the buy one get one free deal, and got the Tristano and the Elizabeth patterns. Maybe we should try the Tristano, since Deedles already has experience with that one and could help us both if we get stuck. I always thought shawls sounded like something an old lady would wear, but these beautiful, lacy things don't look old lady-like at all! My girlfriend has a three season room, and I can picture her reading there in the cooler weather, with one of these wrapped around her shoulders. I'd love to be able to make it for her. I'm hoping the work on the house gets started soon, I'm getting really antsy, but the contractor doesn't seem to be in as much of a rush as I am. Grrrrrrrr!!!

I meant the above, as a reply to you, TeresaT :D

Perfect! Let me know when you are ready. I will download both of those when I get paid again. I used to think the same thing about shawls until I started looking on Ravelry. There are amazing works of art to be tossed about your shoulders if you have the patience to try it. I'm hooked on shawls and socks. (Talk about old lady-like! I need to buy a rocking chair.)

Back