New workshop...Before pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacyspy

Reaction score
It isn't much, but it's a space away from the animals and children...lol... It'll be a work in progress for a while, but it's mine! The other part is going to be a pool/ reading room.

IMG_20160103_121542.jpg

IMG_20160103_121551.jpg

IMG_20160103_121606.jpg

It looks great to me...all that counter space. I soap in my teensy weensy kitchen, with almost no counters, so your space looks luxurious to me!

Wow I'm so envious of the space you have. It will be fabulous not to be cramped into a kitchen with gear to pack away after each soaping session.:)

Looks good! Dorietta on here has the BEST space - it's part of a barn! Dedicated fridge, shelving, big sink, stainless steel table - I'm SO jealous! I have to haul of my junk up and down the stairs.

Lucky! That looks like it's going to be fabulous. You;ll have to take pictures of the after so we can ogle your supplies and space!

That's awesome. Once you get it all set up for you you'll be in heaven. I which I had somewhere to put a separate workspace. I trying to convince my husband I need a work room built in the back yard. Not working yet.

Ooohhh....Stacy you're going to have so much fun making it just yours! About a year and a half ago my hubby transformed one of our spare bedrooms into a soaping room and it was the best thing ever. Now I don't have to worry about what time to make soap so I'd have it cleaned up and out of the way so I could start dinner. Finish cleaning up dinner dishes and moving soap supplies back out.

One thing I bought that really gave me a lot of storage space is these 6 & 9 hole cubbies from Home Depot. They're perfect counter height so he actually fixed the countertops right on top. With those below and shelves above the workspace, I gained a lot of storage. I didn't put the backs on though because I was actually able to stack two of them front to back so they're twice as deep. Depending on the height of your counter, they might work. This is basically what I got:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Martha-S...ite-Stackable-6-Cube-Organizer-4905/202040803

I can't wait to see how it works out for you! :)

Looks good! Dorietta on here has the BEST space - it's part of a barn! Dedicated fridge, shelving, big sink, stainless steel table - I'm SO jealous! I have to haul of my junk up and down the stairs.

You are being way too kind there dixie! I only wish the new soaping space was functional but it still needs work. It has lots of potential but my goal is to have all soaping stuff in one place from production to packaging (i.e. not taking up space in the house). Maybe you should come over to consult/help me get organized and make a batch to 'christen' the new space? ;)

I really need more shelving/storage space for the EOs/FOs before I can move everything from house to the barn. Also need a small, cheap microwave to melt oils, a curing/drying cabinet and internet access would be nice but not necessary. I was hoping hubs could make the curing/drying cabinet happen for Xmas but it didn't. I don't want the barn rats munching on my soap bars . . . they already ate thru the some of the new barn wiring that was behind a wall but not protected by metal conduit. :(

Hubby left it there for my jewelry and soldering purposes...lol...until the one I ordered comes in :)

Jealous.
Looking good but I do wonder what you're going to do with the vice on the counter.
Just my mind don't worry.
There will be soon. We're putting in a half bath with a utility sink on the other side of the wall, in the pool table area.

A coat of paint and some TLC, and you can get that spiffed up in no time. Is there are water supply in it?
I was looking at something similar... it's good to know they work for you.
It'll definitely be nice to have a dining room back...and my kitchen counters... and the bottom shelf of my pantry...and the up top shelf of my closet...lol

Ooohhh....Stacy you're going to have so much fun making it just yours! About a year and a half ago my hubby transformed one of our spare bedrooms into a soaping room and it was the best thing ever. Now I don't have to worry about what time to make soap so I'd have it cleaned up and out of the way so I could start dinner. Finish cleaning up dinner dishes and moving soap supplies back out.

One thing I bought that really gave me a lot of storage space is these 6 & 9 hole cubbies from Home Depot. They're perfect counter height so he actually fixed the countertops right on top. With those below and shelves above the workspace, I gained a lot of storage. I didn't put the backs on though because I was actually able to stack two of them front to back so they're twice as deep. Depending on the height of your counter, they might work. This is basically what I got:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Martha-S...ite-Stackable-6-Cube-Organizer-4905/202040803

I can't wait to see how it works out for you! :)
My hubby's on the 2 year plan for my stuff...lol... I had to set traps today. Luckily, my entire building is only 16x30, so it should be fairly easy to control mice, since our 2 barn cats won't hunt... Lazy so and soes...lol
Sounds like an impressive space. It's a bigger undertaking than I ever expected, so I can imagine the work you must be doing!
You are being way too kind there dixie! I only wish the new soaping space was functional but it still needs work. It has lots of potential but my goal is to have all soaping stuff in one place from production to packaging (i.e. not taking up space in the house). Maybe you should come over to consult/help me get organized and make a batch to 'christen' the new space? ;)

I really need more shelving/storage space for the EOs/FOs before I can move everything from house to the barn. Also need a small, cheap microwave to melt oils, a curing/drying cabinet and internet access would be nice but not necessary. I was hoping hubs could make the curing/drying cabinet happen for Xmas but it didn't. I don't want the barn rats munching on my soap bars . . . they already ate thru the some of the new barn wiring that was behind a wall but not protected by metal conduit. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back