New with questions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goatwoman

Reaction score
I am totally new. Never made a bar of soap in my life. I would like to start with something easy like the M&P basic soaps and just add my own EO/FO that I like. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and found lots of info but I must tell you it can get confusing. I want to start doing this as gifts but I may find myself wanting to sell items like soap, bath products, body mist and lotion bars. I would live to know first what are some tips to save money doing this, where do you buy your supplies ( cheaply ) and do you have some favorite links you can share for recipes and how to. Thanks

Well I would find out if you really liked making soap in the first place. Go to Michaels or Joanne's and buy a soap kit. If you like doing the melt and pour method then there is a category in the forum for our favorite suppliers that you can reference.

Welcome!!!

Goatwoman said:
I am totally new. Never made a bar of soap in my life. I would like to start with something easy like the M&P basic soaps and just add my own EO/FO that I like. I have done a lot of searching on the internet and found lots of info but I must tell you it can get confusing. I want to start doing this as gifts but I may find myself wanting to sell items like soap, bath products, body mist and lotion bars. I would live to know first what are some tips to save money doing this, where do you buy your supplies ( cheaply ) and do you have some favorite links you can share for recipes and how to. Thanks

I would buy a starter kit and go from there. You can buy lotion, soap, bath bombs, body butters etc starter kits. We all have spent a great deal of time, effort and money developing and perfecting our recipes and building our businesses. This is not a get rich quick type of an investment and to develop and test recipes can be very costly and time consuming. A starter kit would give you a taste for this to help you decide if and what you want to do and maybe in the long run, save you some money. Also, read the boards and you will soon figure out what suppliers are generally good and which ones to avoid. You can also find a supplier and ask if and what anyone knows about them. Good luck and welcome.

Hi, welcome to The SMF! Listen to Dragon and Tab, they are excellent M&P soap makers! They know all the good stuff! If I made M&P, I sure would seek out their advice! Well all I do is RTCP using GM (goat milk) as the liquids! If you ever need any CP help, me or several great CPers will be happy to help. 8) CPSoaper has already jumped in! Welcome again!

Paul.... :wink:

Latest posts

Back